Time to Dance

I Hate Hospitals

"I can't believe she ripped everything out like that." One doctor said as he examined me.

"Miss, can you tell me if you are in any pain?" Another doctor replied.

"Huh?" I asked as that same doctor flashed a light into my eyes.

"I asked if you are feeling any pain." That same doctor replied.

"A little. Ow." I said finally realizing that my body hadn't fully healed yet from my injuries. I guess the shock and adrenaline were wearing off. Even though my body hurt that wasn't the type of pain I was feeling the most. My heart hurt far worse than any other part of my body and there wasn't any type of speed healing a slayer could do to fix it.

"Who are you calling?" I asked as I finally managed to look over at my very worried brother in the corner of my room.

"I'm calling Dad." He replied as the doctors left me alone to write their observations down and bark orders at the nurses.

I sat there in silence on the bed as the two nurses in my room hooked me back up to the heart monitor and reset my IV's for medicene in my arm. All I could think about was my dream. It had a meaning to it. I just didn't know if Nate sent it to me. Nate. I can't feel him anymore.

Flashes of my fight with Dimitri took over in my head like a broken movie playing over and over. Nate was holding me in his arms and then the next he was ripped away by the girl in my dreams. She shot him with something. It was some sort of needle she stuck him with. I shook my head and began to cry again as the nurses said something to Will and began to leave my room.

"I can't feel him anymore." I whispered.

"What? Alex, you are scaring me." Will said as he walked in front of me. "I know you just woke up and something traumatic has happened to you but stop freaking me out." He replied.

"You don't understand. No one can. I think I have lost him, Will. Nate is gone. I can't feel him anymore. He's gone." I said starting to hyperventilate.

"Alex, please don't cry." Will said sitting on the bed and holding me.

"Alexandra?" I heard a very familiar voice call to me.

"Mom?" I turned my head. "Mom!" I said about to get up.

"Don't get up. Will, what happened?" Mom said rushing to my bed as Will scooted over.

"I don't know really. I mean she was out and then she woke up freaking, ripping her stuff out and saying she was going to kill someone and now she says Nate is gone." Will rambled as mom grabbed me and hugged me.

"Mom, you're alive. You're back I mean. This isn't some sort of dream too is it?" I asked as mom wiped my tears away.

"No, honey, it's me. I'm back." She responded.

"I need my mommy." I whispered.

"Shh. Everything is going to be ok. I promise. I will make it ok." Mom tried to reassure me.

"I don't think you can." I said starting to cry. "I think Nate is gone. I can't feel him anymore." I said.

"Pete, why don't you and Will leave us to talk. Find out what the doctors have to say please." Mom replied.

"You gave us a scare." Dad said kissing my forehead. "I love you, sweetheart." He said signaling for Will to leave.

"I got to run anyways. I have to go check up on Kayla." Will said. "Sis, I..." He trailed as he was about to walk out the door.

"Will, thanks for being here, you know. I'm sorry I freaked you out." I half smiled.

"It's what brothers are for, right? I'll tell Kayla you are awake." Will smiled back before he left my room.

"How are you here?" I asked.

"Well, it's a long story." Mom answered.

"My problems can wait. I want to know how you are here. I am happy you are back. I think I need you now more than ever." I sighed.

Mom proceeded to tell me everything. I learned that Micah had been the one to hold my dad hostage. Mom saved him. She also told me that after I died on the table in the ER for those few seconds that Lizzie became the new slayer. We both couldn't understand how considering that all past slayers became a slayer shortly after their eighteenth birthday and Lizzie wasn't eighteen nor was it near her birthday. She also told me that Dean was awake and would be released tomorrow from the hospital. That made me feel a little better but not by much. Then it was my turn.

"Before you begin to tell me what has happened I want to tell you that I know what you are going through. When Dracula had Beckett working for him, Beckett started to work with a vampire named Natasha. I know I have told you this story before but I haven't told you everything. Natasha had two goons who overpowered me and almost killed me. In fact I died just like you did but was only gone for a few seconds which seemed like forever. When I awoke I couldn't feel Pete either. It was like our bond was broken. I never told you kids that. The truth was I might not have been able to feel him from his control over me through him biting me, I could feel him cause we were meant to be. I just ignored that feeling. I thought he had to bite me for me to feel him around and know his pain. I didn't listen to what's in here." Mom pointed to her heart.

"You had a nightmare when you were in your coma, I assume?" Mom asked.

"I did but it wasn't what you think." I replied.

"Then tell me all about it." Mom said and so I did.

"Alex, Nate isn't gone. We just have to find him. This girl you think has him somewhere and is working for Dimitri right?" Mom asked after I told her about my dream and why I woke up freaking out.

"Yeah but mom you don't understand. I can't feel Nate at all. Something is wrong." I sighed.

"I think you just need some rest. You are letting this get to you instead of listening to your instincts." Mom said. I knew she wouldn't understand. I mean yeah her story is similiar to mine but I am using my heart, aren't I?

"We can talk some more in the morning." Mom half smiled.

"I want to go home." I said getting sleepy from the pain meds the nurses put in my IV to calm me. They were finally starting to take effect.

"You are stubborn just like me." Mom laughed.

"I promise I will be healed up by tomorrow." I yawned. "I don't want to sleep. If I sleep the nightmare will happen all over again." I sighed.

"Think of it this way, you should be able to start tuning into Dimitri now. He has no control over you even though he put you here. He thinks you are dead. You have the advantage. Soon you will realize you are stronger now than he thinks and can understand his weaknesses. I hate that you have to go through what I went through but we will get through this together." Mom said tucking me in and kissing my forehead.

"Do me a favor." I yawned.

"Sure, what's that?" Mom asked.

"Go home with Dad and get some sleep. Tell Josh to come down and watch me since I know you want a guard dog here at all times." I half smiled.

"I don't know." Mom was about to argue.

"Please, for me. You two need to be alone together. Get some sleep." I said.

"All I have done for the past few months is sleep but maybe I can start training Lizzie some as I want to keep her off the slaying for as long as possible." Mom said.

"She can hold her own. You would be surprised." I said thinking about graduation. "Love you mom." I said as I rolled over on my side.

I still didn't feel any better after talking to mom. Yeah, I am happy that she is back but I don't believe what she says about Nate. I feel lost without him. He can't be gone. He can't leave me. Nate promised me he never would.

I closed my eyes trying to sleep but the images of Dimitri biting me kept playing over and over again in my mind. Somehow the medicene forced me to sleep but I was soon woken up by a whisper. "Alex, are you asleep?" Dean whispered into my room.