Time to Dance

Isn't This Exactly Where You'd Like Me

Out of all the places to patrol I chose the worst part of this miserable city to look for vampires. I was alone and I wanted to keep it that way. I hope thirty vampires ambush me tonight. I was ready to take on as many as it took to find out any information on Nate.

After being out here for an hour, I had walked through some alleyways and cut over to some darkend streets. There was nothing. I even climbed up some emergency escapes to the roofs of some buildings to look for vampires but there was nothing. Figures. They only want to come out to play when the slayer is away.

I climbed down from one building and took a left from the street it sat on. There was a liquor store that had its lights on but was closed. A few cars were parked on the street in front of the rows of empty or abandoned buildings and apartment complexes. I heard the sound of glass break down the street and I whipped out a stake from my jacket pocket.

I heard a muffled moan and I felt a vampire's presence. Finally I was going to get some action. I darted off following my instincts but came across a homeless man lying in the middle of an alley. The vampire was gone. Damn!

I looked down at the man to see if he was ok and noticed he had two puncture marks on his right side of his neck. The man was breathing but unconcious as I kneeled down. I looked around but I didn't see or feel any vampire around. How did he or she get away from me that easily?

I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and dialed 911. I wanted to make sure that the man would be alright. After I had given all the information the operator needed for the man to get treatment, I heard a woman scream. I immediately hung up on the operator and took off down the alley which led into another major street. It was then I felt a vampire presence.

I found the woman who was another homeless victim. I also found the vampire. I didn't get to look at his face as he had his back to me.

"Step away from the woman." I demanded as I raised my stake in my left hand. The vampire didn't move.

"Didn't you hear what I said? Do you really want to make this hard on yourself? I mean I am the slayer and I can kill you just like that." I said.

The vampire carefully stepped away from the woman who was unconcious but breathing I saw. She was attacked the same way the man was which led me to believe that this vampire did both of the attacks. "Turn around." I shouted.

Instead of turning around the vampire darted off and I followed. This vampire was using his abilities full force but I still managed to track him. Finally, I had him cornered in an alley that led to a dead end.

"You can run but you can't hide vampire. Look, I'm not in the mood for playing games." I said trying to catch my breath. "Why don't you make it easier on yourself and just give up?" I added.

I watched as the vampire finally turned around to show himself. My mouth dropped open. Standing in front of me was none other than Nathaniel Urie.