Time to Dance

Where The Lines Overlap

"Stop it!" Get away from him!" I screamed as I ran towards Jace and Nate. Jace had Nate on the ground but Nate wasn't down for long. I ripped the two away from each other and stood in the middle of them.

"What are you doing? He tried to kill you!" Jace yelled at me as I held him back from Nate. Nate just laughed and flashed an evil smile.

"You're protecting a real vampire? Don't tell me that the slayer has gone soft on killing vampires." Nate snickered as he shook his head. I could tell that even with the evil exterior Nate was showing, hurt was starting to form on his face. "You're choosing him over me?" Nate asked.

"I'm not choosing anyone over anybody, especially you. Nate, come with me. Come with me to your family. We can help you." I replied extending my hand to him.

"I don't have family. Dimitri is my family." Nate replied before taking off into the night.

"Nate, wait!" I said trying to go after him.

"It's no use. Your boy has been brainwashed somehow by Dimitri." Jace replied holding me back.

"This is all your fault!" I screamed as I started to wail on Jace.

"Ow! My fault?" He said trying to grab my hands.

"If you hadn't showed up...I almost had him!" I said still trying to attack Jace but he pinned me and I fell into his arms as I quit fighting.

"Alexandra he was going to bite you." Jace tried to reason. You are lucky I got here when I did."

"You don't understand. I was having a breakthrough with him. Nate wouldn't have hurt me and even if he did I would gladly die for him!" I snapped.

"Well, if that's the way you feel then by no means go ahead and chase after him." Jace let go of me.

"What?" I asked being taken off guard.

"You heard me." He said stuffing his hands into his pockets and starting to walk away from me.

"Hey!" I yelled pulling him back to face me.

"Obviously me saving your life twice doesn't mean anything to you nor the fact that I came to find you in the first place because I had news about Nate and Dimitri so just go. It's not important." Jace spat at me.

"You have news? You risked exposing yourself to get info for me?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, because I am stupid and just a regular vampire to you. Look, I know you don't love me and never will. Hell, you don't even like me but I do love you. I have been in love with you since I first saw you. I tried testing you when I separated you from Nate awhile back but you proved how much you were so tied into him. I have given up everything for you. I don't drink human blood as much as it kills me and yeah you have made me want to be better, not that it is going to matter anyway." Jace replied.

My mind tried to process what Jace had told me. All I could think about was how it was Jace who had saved me by bringing me to the hospital as fast as he could the night Dimitri killed me but my spirit had fought back and I was still alive. I almost killed Jace the other night in the hospital by accident yet here he is still wanting to help me. I owed him a little credit so I grabbed Jace and kissed him.

"Alexandra, stop!" Jace said pushing me away.

"Why? I'm just giving you what you want." I replied.

"Don't. It already hurts too much. You don't owe me anything. You shouldn't kiss someone that you don't love." Jace responded.

"I'm sorry. I'm just...that was very inconsiderate of me. Thank you for saving my life...twice." I smiled before leaning into Jace. He started to back away but stopped as he let me kiss his right cheek.

"So about this information that you have?" I asked.

"Maybe we should go somewhere safer." Jace replied.

"Well, I am hungry and I know this great twenty-four hour diner we can sit and talk." I said.

"Great." Jace replied as I led the way back to my car. As we were walking I couldn't help but feel as if we were being watched from a distance. I turned to look behind me one last time.

"Something wrong?" Jace asked as we approached my car.

"I just feel as if we are being watched. My spidey sense isn't going off but that doesn't mean someone isn't lurking behind where I can't feel them." I answered as I got into my car and invited Jace in.