Time to Dance

Who Is Worrying Now?

I woke up to a very sad dream. I am glad it wasn't a nightmare but it wasn't exactly a good dream either.

I dreamed I was talking with Grams. When I was little, she used to appear to me alot in my dreams. As I got older the nightmares occured pushing her away. It was harder for her to get through.

I think Grams was trying to tell me something and I fear that I might not get to talk with her again. I do remember her telling me to not be scared and to be prepared. I also remember her saying that she loved me and knew that I would protect my family and extended family. Then I woke up.

I looked at the clock. It was five am. I still had another hour before I had to get up for school. Today was my birthday and I just knew that I my parents had some sort of surprise or surprise party set up somewhere.

I rolled over and looked at Nate. He looked so calm and peaceful. I went to roll back over to the side I was originally on but something stopped me. I heard Nate start to call out in his sleep.

"No! You won't hurt her. No!" He said. Then there was quiet and then he screamed my name, waking himself up and sweat starting to appear as he panted to catch his breath.

"Alex?" He replied unsure.

"I'm here." I said sitting up.

"What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" He asked observing that I was awake.

"No, not tonight. I just can't fall back to sleep. How about yourself. Are you alright?" I asked concerned.

"I'm fine." He said turning over not facing me.

"I know you were dreaming. I heard you say my name and you were scared for me." I said.

"I don't remember." He said lying. Nate never lied to me. "What time is it?" He asked rolling back over to face me.

"It is a little after five." I said.

"I better get back over there. I will see you in a few hours?" He asked getting up and walking over to my window.

"Sure. Nate, are you sure you are ok? You can tell me anything." I said upset.

"I am fine. You worry too much." He said blowing me a kiss before climbing out my window.