Time to Dance

Grounded For Life?

"Alexandra dear, wake up." I heard Gram's voice say.

"Mmm." I said opening my eyes. I was dreaming again. This time I was in my bed at my house but Grams was sitting at the end of the bed.

"Grams, where have you been?" I asked sitting up.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around for awhile." She said leaning over to give me a hug. "I'm back now and I have been trying to talk to Lizzie in her dreams to prepare her. Lizzie is very worried for you. She wasn't supposed to be a slayer." Grams said with sadness.

"I will protect her. I won't let anything happen to my sister." I replied.

"I know dear." She said. "Your mother is having a hard time dealing with this. I don't want you to worry though. When the time comes she will step in. Being in a coma and finding out both your girls are slayers is hard when she is one herself. Then there is Pete and also your brother Will as vampires. No mother wants this life for her kids. I think Lizzie feels overwhelmed still and smothered at times."

"Grams, what will happen to Nate? Can I save him from himself?" I asked.

"Alexandra, there is going to be a big battle ahead. You have to be strong and not give up hope. I know its hard but sometimes when you love someone you have to let them go." Grams replied.

"I can't let Nate go." I said touching my neck.

"What's this running around with a dangerous vampire?" Grams replied concerned.

"Jace?" I asked.

"You must be careful with that one. He is going to tear your heart to pieces." Grams got up and I tried to reach for her.

"Grams...Grams!" I said before she vanished and then I woke up.

"What time is it?" I mumbled as I opened my eyes. I tried to adjust to the darkness of the room I was in.

"This isn't my home." I said getting out of a bed. I found a light switch and flipped it on. I looked at my watch to see it was after nine a.m.

I was in a bedroom that had nothing but blank white walls, a light, small dresser, and a bed. I left the room with caution only to find a sleeping Jace lying on a couch in the living room of the place I was in. My keys were on the coffee table. I snatched them up and opened the front door slowly, not to wake Jace.

I found I was in an apartment complex as I rushed out and found my car out front. I got in and flipped down the mirror of the shade. There were no bite marks so that was a major relief. Last thing I remembered was falling asleep in my car. Rather than Jace bring me to my house and face the wrath of my parents, he must have brought me to his place he is staying at to try and be normal.

I rushed home knowing that my parents were going to kill me. Sure enough as I pulled to my house, I had to park on the curb as there were cars everywhere. There was even a black suv I had never seen before in the driveway. As soon as I got to the door my mother flung it open dragging me inside.

"Are you alright?" She yelled. "What happened? Everyone's been worried. I was worried. Your father and I searched everywhere for you! You know what you're grounded! No I take that back, you are grounded for life!" I listened as mom read me the riot act.

"Mom.." I tried to speak.

"Don't talk back to your mother!" Dad yelled as I was clearly not back talking her. I just wanted to tell her I was ok. "What's wrong with your cell? You couldn't call us?" Dad angrily yelled at me as I started to notice the audience of all my family and friends gathered in the living room.

"Hey, hey!" My brother yelled.

"Thank you." I mouthed.

"I think you should give Alex the chance to speak." Will said stepping over to me and hitting my arm hard. "That's for making me freak out." He replied as I rubbed my arm.

"Listen, I'm fine. You can all stop worrying. I just needed some time to chill out. I went out slaying alone. Before anyone interupts me, no Dimitri wasn't around and no one knows I am alive. I just needed to blow off steam. Oh and I ran into Nate last night." I said gritting my teeth as everyone's reactions turned into what's and how's.

"My son is alive?" Erelin asked stepping forward from the kitchen doorway. "Why isn't he here?"

"Nate isn't our Nate anymore. He doesn't remember us or me. As I found him as he had bit two victims last night." I replied.

"No." Erelin replied before fainting. My dad caught her as Brendon approached me.

"My son is killing people?" Brendon asked hurt the most.

"Not exactly. He didn't kill them; he just bit them for blood. If he does kill someone I have to..." I stopped. "Luckily he just drank and I tracked him down. He has like amnesia. It's almost like Nate has been brainwashed. Nate said he was working for Dimitri." I answered.

"Nate wouldn't do that." Brendon interjected.

"Alex that means if Nate is working for Dimitri then your cover has been blown. He will run and tell Dimitri for sure." Patrick spoke up.

"I don't think so. I couldn't feel him but I know our Nate is still there somewhere. He was fighting me last night sure but he was also fighting himself. He didn't kill those people because he knew what would happen. Nate is still there somewhere buried in the monster he is becoming. I can't feel that Nate is good, nor can I feel if he is around me." I said reaching for my neck again. "But I felt him as a regular vampire. This can change if we can get through to him. I don't know what happened to him but I know a girl is involved." I said.

"A girl?" Brendon asked.

"I've dreamed of her taking Nate away from me and it's the same girl who I saw the night I died. She is human but working for Dimitri." I said.

"Did this girl have blonde hair?" A voice replied as I looked up to see a man pushing past Brendon, Patrick, my mother, and Pete.

"You!" I screamed. "You came after my dad!" I said starting to attack the man.

"Honey, stop!" My dad said grabbing me and holding me back. "Micah made a mistake and I have forgiven him for it. He came to help us find you last night and he is looking for his daughter. Will you let him explain?" Dad pleaded for me as I nodded my head in confusion.

What did Micah have to explain other than that he wanted to kill my father and my mother had to save him on the night I was taken to the hospital? Granted, he helped bring my mother out of her coma because my father needed her but still. I don't trust Micah. This was going to be interesting.