Time to Dance

Between Friends

"Just one problem, moron. You're not invited." Jace teased.

"Oh, but I can." Dean said angrily barging into Jace's living room. "Will, you are invited in."

"Hey, you can't do that and you are going to pay for my door!" Jace yelled as Will stepped in still baring his fangs.

"Boys, stop it!" I said pushing Jace behind me.

"Alex, what the hell are you doing here? What are you doing with him; a vampire?" Will angrily replied.

"Look, Jace is a friend." I said calmly. "I don't want to have to fight you guys but I will if you harm him." I said.

"Are you even hearing yourself?" Dean challenged. "He is not your friend. Last I checked he was a blood sucking fiend. What has he done to you?"

"Nothing. Jace hasn't done anything except help me find information on Nate." I answered.

"It's an act. You know you can't trust a vampire." Will replied.

"I saved your sister's life and you know that. I was there. I was the one who brought Alex to the hospital the night she tried to save Nate and Lizzie. You even let me have a minute with her in the hospital to make sure she was going to be ok, remember Will? Maybe that must have slipped your memory." Jace said baring his fangs.

"Is this true?" Dean asked shocked.

"It's true." Will mumbled.

"You mean to tell me that the reason you didn't come home last night was because you were here?" Dean replied disgusted.

"It's my life. Last I checked I was eighteen, an adult, and a slayer. I can handle myself. I became exhausted, fell asleep in my car, and rather Jace drop me off at my house and have everyone kill him while I was sleeping, he drove me here to his place. Nothing happened and he didn't bite me. Perfect gentleman." I nodded at Jace.

"Besides, why do you care? Jeeze, Dean, you should be worried about Nonnie right now." I argued. "Wait, a minute. How did you follow me here?" I asked.

"I tracked you. Actually I tracked you and dragged Will along because everyone is worried about you with all the pressure put on you and stress with Nate." Dean replied.

"What? You're human again." I laughed. "Will, did you track me?"

"Nope but I could have." Will replied.

I stepped over to Dean and looked him in the eyes. "How did you track me?" I asked confused.

"I'm not physically a werewolf anymore after I killed Jeff but I retained my fast healing, tracking skills, and strength. I just didn't tell anyone. I actually didn't find out even until after I was released from the hospital. Mom and dad don't know and I want them to think I am normal again instead of some freak." Dean answered.

"You're not a freak. Consider yourself a mutant." Will teased.

"Ha ha, very funny." Dean rolled his eyes.

"Um, if I remember correctly, you guys broke down my door and I want it fixed." Jace said.

"I'm not going to kill you because then I would have to answer to Alex, but give me one good reason to and I will. I will be watching. I don't trust you. Alex might but I don't buy it." Dean said walking over to Jace.

"How are we going to explain this to Mom and Dad?" Will asked.

"Maybe I should come back to the house with you." Jace replied.

"What? No, that's crazy. Everyone will gang up on you and kill you. I can handle these two but my mother and sister are slayers too not to mention we have some good vampires that would love to tear you apart." I sighed.

"We got you're back." Will said placing his right hand on my shoulder.

"We do?" Dean replied.

"We do." Will said punching Dean's left arm hard.

"There is only one problem. Maybe I am not ready to go home yet. I left because everyone was stressing me out." I spoke.

"Then we will gather everyone together. I'll call Mom. Who wants to go slaying tonight?" Will asked.

"I do, I do." Dean spoke up.

"It's settled. I can get them to meet us at the docks. They are only fifteen minutes away from here." Will said whipping out his cell phone. I looked over at Jace who just shrugged his shoulders at me.

"Ahem." I said clearing my throat purposely to grab Dean's attention.

"What?" Dean asked as Will was on the phone.

"Fix it." I said pointing to the front door of Jace's apartment that was up against a wall.

"Now?" Dean asked. I nodded. "Fine." He said acting like a little kid as Jace went to look for some tools.