Time to Dance

Playing With Fire

We stopped a little way down the street we were on. There were voices and a scream for help. I pulled away from Nate but he grabbed me and pulled me back to him.

"What are you doing? Get off me!" I yelled at Nate. "I'm going to help those people." I said pushing him away.

"Why?" Nate asked going back to his badass self again. This was starting to feel like a never ending battle.

"Why? Because it is what I do. I slay vampires. I risk my life every night to make sure that what happened to you doesn't happen to someone else." I said taking off and leaving Nate standing there in the middle of the street.

I found the voices. They belonged to a frightened couple who I couldn't believe would be out this late at night in this bad part of town. The other voices belonged to female and three male vampires. I was outnumbered and their fashion sense was killing me.

"Let them go!" I yelled as I whipped out my last remaining stake from my purse. My other one was still on the rooftop if the building Nate and I scuffled on.

"Ooh, what are you going to do with that little girl; stake me with it?" One of the male vampires sneered.

"Well let's see the whole purpose of a stake is to stake a vampire so yeah and I'm not a little girl." I said going into battle. I managed to glance over at the couple to see that they both had fled. Figures, no thank you for my time.

"You're outnumbered girl." Another male vampire spoke up.

"Really? Is that why I'm kicking your ass?" I laughed as I staked him in the heart.

"One down. Three to go who wants to go next?" I asked.

"I got her!" The female replied coming after me. I flipped her hard onto the ground and quickly turned around to be ambushed by the other two vampires. They both grabbed my arms and pinned them behind me as I lost my stake but I took my head and banged it back against one of the vampires who then released me. The other spun me around and slammed me into a parked car. My right hand went right through the passenger side window as I tried to brace myself.

"Mmm. You smell that?" The female vampire replied licking her lips as I turned around.

I took a fighting stance as I quickly regained my composure. My hand was cut but I couldn't stop to focus on it now. I started kicking the female who was after my blood. She seemed like the weakest one of the three I was fighting. I was right as I managed to snap her neck which made her turn to dust.

My cell phone started vibrating in my pants pocket. I knew it was from Will or Dean wondering where I was. If only I had listened and went with them instead of going with some wasted feeling.

"How sweet of you boys to still want to play after I just took out two of your gang." I said as I fought both of the male vampires who were left. Words were exchanged and so were the punches. Then the vampires just stopped.

"Um, hello. I'm right here. What are you two staring at?" I asked before turning around to look behind me.

"Let the girl go. She doesn't belong to you." Nate said walking towards me and the two vampires. Oh now he decides to show up as I have already done most of the work.

"Yes...Come on let's go!" One of the vampires said. I watched them take off into the night. I stood there speechless. Did Dimitri give Nate a special rank that vampires fear him?

I stood there confused as Nate approached dangerously in front of me. His fangs were out. I felt conflicted again. I really wish he would stop toying with my emotions. It was getting old.

Nate didn't say anything else. He reached for my right hand that was bleeding. I pulled it away. The first mistake I had was looking up in Nate's eyes. I became mesmerized. After fighting hard to resist being controlled by Dimitri or any vampire for that matter including Nate, my will to fight went out the window and I held my hand out to Nate against my will. He was compelling me and all from the small bite he made on my arm that was now fully healed from earlier.

Nate gently ran his fingers over the cuts on my palm. I winced a bit at the pain. He then held it up to his lips and I was afraid he was going to bite down on my wrist but instead he kissed the wounds and retracted his fangs. My phone started going off again.

Nate grinned at me. His smile was back to normal again. Nate touched my cheek and then put his arm out. I grabbed it as he led me along back to the place he was going to take me to before the vampire attack.