Time to Dance

Who Needs An Intervention

"Hello?" I yelled as I opened the front door. The house was very quiet as I entered. I knew both my dad and Brendon were here somewhere because I could feel them.

"On guard!" My father shouted coming out of nowhere once I stepped foot into the house.

"Dad!" I yelled grabbing him and flipping him over me as he took me by surprise.

"I got her!" Brendon yelled but I manged to knock him away sending him flyiing across the floor. "Oops, don't got her." Brendon replied looking defeated as he just laid on the floor.

"What is this, attacking you're daughter stuff?" I laughed as Pete, my dad, tried to get up. "Need some help?" I asked.

"No, no, I got it." He winced. "I guess I am not as spry as I used to be." He said reaching for his back.

"Then I guess its a good thing that you heal fast as a vampire then." I laughed.

"I think she is laughing at us." Brendon replied still laying on the floor.

"Hey, I still got it. I might be in my forties but I still got game. Vampires still fear me." Pete replied.

"Hey, I still got it too. At least Erelin still tells me that." Brendon replied as Pete helped him up. "Oh wait, I meant, nevermind." He said as I just shook my head at them.

When it all came down to it, I knew that both my father and Brendon were a force to be reckoned with. I had seen them in action. Today, though, I have absolutely no clue what they were trying to accomplish.

"So let me get this straight. You both stayed the night over here since you can't go out during the day and pondered about this whole set up. Then you told mom to tell me to come over here that you two wanted to talk to me. Nice dad." I said heading into the kitchen for something to drink.

"Um, would one of you mind removing yout blood packets so that I can at least get to the cokes in the back. That's really kind of gross you know." I replied.

"What, you mean you aren't used to seeing that?" Brendon said moving that out of the way.

"No. I'll be so glad when Dimitri's gone and you guys go back to normal." I remarked.

"Ding Ding Ding. I think we have a winner!" Brendon joked as Pete, my father walked into the kitchen.

"What?" Dad replied.

"I think Alex is ready to fight Dimitri. She is already making comments about him being dead." Brendon said.

"Yeah, yeah. I was just saying...nevermind." I replied as I grabbed me a coke.

"So what are you going to do about my son." Brendon said making me spit out the swig of coke I had in my mouth,

"I don't really want to talk about him. I can't help Nate." I said leaving the kitchen and heading back into the living room.

"Ok, the truth is Pete and I wanted you to come here because we think we can help Nate. If you can convince him to come home, we can trap him. If he sees his family, I think we can make Nate realize who he is." Brendon said as he followed me.

"It won't work. I already tried to get him to come home and it failed." I said not wanting to hear anymore about Nate.

"Alex, I know you care about my son. You still love him. You can't just shut those feelings out. Look, Erelin and I went through some struggles and your mom and dad went through alot over the years. If anyone understands what you are going through or how you are feeling it's us." Brendon said.

"I don't care and I don't care to talk about Nate anymore. We're done. End of story." I said sitting on a couch.

"If that's the case, then why are you still wearing his necklace?" Dad asked.

"Look, I just came here to see what you guys wanted and to get in some training time. Can we at least just train?" I asked avoiding Dad's question.

"We can train but we won't make it easy on you." Dad said.

"Really? Is that why I kicked both your butts as soon as I walked into the house?" I laughed.

I trained for a several hours with Dad and Brendon and then we talked some more. It was mainly about Jace and how they were concerned but trusted me and my decisions. They also apologized for roughing him up a bit the other night. After that interesting bonding time mom called telling me that she was making dinner.

"Dad, I think I am going to shower here. I believe I still have some clean clothes upstairs." I said heading upstairs towards the bedroom I used when I was kidnapped here by Dad and Nate.

I opened up the closet and one of Nate's hoodies fell out on me. It was black and had a funky design on the front with a label that read, "Panic! at the Disco". I briefly remember this hoodie. It was a vintage one that Brendon gave to Nate that he had kept from back when his band had first started.

I sat on the bed and just held it in my hands. I couldn't resist holding it up to my face. The hoodie smelled like Nate. I could smell the cologne he used to wear. How it got stuffed into the closet I didn't know. I tossed it to the side of the bed for now and found the clothes I wanted to wear for tonight. Then I proceeded to shower. Afterwards, once I was ready, I grabbed the hoodie and left.