Time to Dance

Girl's Night Out

"You think it's that easy to forget about me?" Nate rushed into my thoughts.

"Go away. You aren't welcome in my thoughts. I don't love you anymore." I said.

"Ouch. That hurts." Nate replied. I was trying so hard to block but Nate was forcing his way into my thoughts against my will.

"So have you heard the new cd from The Maine?" Lyra said bringing me back to the group.

"No, I haven't heard it yet. Those boys may be in their early thirties..." I said.

"But they are still just as hot!" Kayla finished for me making me smile. Smiling is good. Laughing is good. Continue to talk to me girls cause its helping to distract me from my own thoughts.

"There are too many bands out there who sound the same anymore." Nonnie replied.

"I miss touring with the family." Lyra said out of nowhere.

"I bet that was so awesome." Nonnie said excited.

"You know Fall Out Boy had such a long hiatus after all of us were born. My dad as well as Lyra's, Dean's, and Olivia's dads all chose to go on a long break." I said to Nonnie. "Dad went into his company full time to producing and finding new bands not to mention expanding his clothing line to raising three kids. Andy had his company and another band he had to the side because his family came first. Joe built guitars and enjoyed his family life. Patrick started a solo career and juggled family in there too."

"Everyone thought they were breaking up because no one wanted to come out and say it. I mean Fall Out Boy was but wasn't." Kayla said.

"Yeah, but then they came roaring back together once we were all older. I'd say at least until we were five or six. Well, us as being the oldest ones. In fact, I think our parents were going to try to make another cd before all this chaos happened." Lyra sighed.

"What about your Dad's band?" Nonnie asked Kayla.

"Well, there was four originally as you know and then it became two. Personally, I'm glad but I know it was hard on Dad. Ryan and Jon wanted to separate themselves because they wanted their music to go in another direction whereas Dad and Spencer wanted to keep it dancy, rocky, and edgier. They have had so many talented musicians tour with them but none have sticked to make up four members so it has just officially remained Spencer and Dad in the band." Kayla responded.

"I see. You guys are so lucky." Nonnie said.

"What is everyone's favorite song from your Dads' bands?" Nonnie asked.

"Mine is Hum Hallelujah. Mom was determined to make a FOB musical once with that song at the end of the epic first act." Lyra said as our dinner arrived.

"So why didn't she?" Nonnie asked.

"I don't know but it would have been kick ass knowing her." Lyra replied.

"Hmm. There are so many of my Dad's that I can't pick." Kayla said.

"Sixteen Candles says it all for me." I replied.

"Oh come on. You have to ignore that one. Seriously I know you have to have one besides that one." Nonnie pressed.

"Ok, don't laugh, but I love The (After) Life of The Party." I said.

We all started to eat but I picked at my salad. Part of me was really hungry; the other just wanted to think about Nate. It wasn't good combination.

"So my sister decided to stray away from Will tonight." Nate said. I looked around inside the restaurant without being too obvious to my friends that something was up.

"If you come near us Nate, I swear...." I stopped.

"Relax, I wouldn't dare hurt my sister." Nate replied in my thoughts.

"No, you just want to hurt and torment me." I said.

"So I've been thinking." Nate said.

"You've been thinking? Please. All you think about is how to get me alone to come with you to see Dimitri." I argued.

"Please. You will when the time comes. Seriously though I have been thinking. Maybe it is time to let go of you." Nate replied.

"What's your game plan, Nate?" I said.

"There isn't one. Look, we're both tired of trying. I think we've hit a wall and can't get over it. It is what it is. Don't think about the past but move forward." Nate answered and just like that he was gone. Nate has become so cryptic and I hate it.

We finished dinner and started talking about the guys we were dating. The girls were considerate and left Nate out. Then we left the restaurant and headed home.

"Guys, tonight wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." I said in the van.

"See, it was fun." Lyra said.

"We should do this again." Nonnie smiled.

Kayla dropped Lyra and Nonnie off at their homes before she dropped me off at mine. "Things sometimes get worse before they get better. If Nate ever comes home though, I will be sure to kick his ass for you." Kayla said making me smile a bit. She would do that too.