Time to Dance

Nothing Is Gone Forever

When I got home I saw a note from mom on the kitchen table. The note read that she was out with Micah looking for his daughter. Good luck on that one because if I find her...ok, I have to cool it. I skimmed down some more to see that Dad, Will, Dean, and Brendon were out fighting vampires. Typical male bonding. I can't believe they didn't ask me, the slayer but I guess it's good to have a night off and the guys need to get out every now and then.

I headed into my room and changed into my pjs. As I went to climb into bed, the necklace with Nate's ring fell off onto the floor. I must have pulled it by accident or something when I moved my hair. I picked it up and just stared at it for a minute. Then I tossed it across the room.

"You shouldn't have done that." Nate said taking me half by surprise. I felt a vampire presence and quickly spun around as he spoke to me.

"You're not welcome here. Besides, I thought you said we were done. What's your excuse this time?" I asked as Nate walked towards where I had thrown his ring. I watched as he picked it up and studied it for a minute. Hurt seemed to wash over him. It was then that I realized that part of Nate was trying to come back to me.

Nate was back but there was also the effects of his brainwashing that wasn't letting him fully return to his normal self. There was a trigger. I needed to break it. I was just too tired to keep playing Nate's games however. Maybe he was right and we had hit a wall too many times that there was no going back. It was time to move forward without Nate.

"I gave this to you because I love you." Nate replied turning to walk towards me. He backed me into the door of my room. I could have opened it and slipped out but I didn't. I needed to stay.

"Alexandra, I wasn't myself the other night. I know I betrayed you but you brought me back. You have to believe that. I did what I did because I was supposed to. Deep down you know you can't stop the inevitable." Nate replied.

"But you aren't back, Nate. I can't possibly have brought you back to your old self. You have too many cryptic things going on and plus if you were the old Nate, you wouldn't run back to Dimitri. You would stay with your family who you are putting through hell right now. Think about your mother, Nate. You were the one who told me to fight against Dimitri when he had a hold over me, remember? You once told me that our love is stronger than anything. I don't believe that anymore." I said.

"Look at me." Nate said grabbing my arms and pulling me closer to him. "Look in my eyes and tell me you don't believe that. I would die for you and I probably will tonight." Nate softened as he let me go.

"Tonight?" I asked and then it all made sense why I felt the need to stay and not run from Nate. Tonight, I go to Dimitri. I can feel it. I would know when the time comes and the time is now.

"You feel it. You can't put it off any longer. I wish you could." Nate said taking both his hands and touching my face. His thumbs rubbed gently under my eyes as if wiping away tears but I had none. I looked at Nate to see his eyes water. Sadness. Nate's connection to me was coming back. I could feel all of his pain, sorrow, etc.. I could feel him again as if nothing had ever happened to him.

"How much time do I have exactly? I have to call mom." I said moving over to get my cell phone.

"No!" You can't call her right now. I have to bring you alone to Dimitri." Nate replied.

"Ok. Then turn around." I said.

"Turn around?" Nate asked.

"So I can change out of my pjs and into some ass kicking gear. A slayer has to look her best before battle." I said.

"But I've already seen you..." Nate didn't to finish. I pushed him to a corner and made him turn around.

"There." I said once I had quickly changed into some slayer gear.

"That was fast." Nate responded followed by a moment of silence. "All you need is this." Nate said placing his ring back around my neck and fastening the necklace. I felt shivers as he gently kissed the back of my neck.

"I don't want to do this but it's your time. Alex, I love you." He said placing his forehead against mine. "I will fight for you. You've saved me."

"We've lost so much time." I said with my eyes starting to water. Then I saw a flicker of light out my window that came from Nate's room.

"Vampires!" I yelled running over to my window and climbing out of it as fast as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys for the lack of updates. Been very busy with being in a few of my friend's weddings, work, and of course had a bit of writer's block. This chapter kind of sucks to me but I wanted to get back on track with this story to finish it. I promise the chapters after this will be much much better. :)