Time to Dance

House Broken

"There!" I pointed as we took off towards the front of the house. There were two white vans parked in front of Nate's house.

"They aren't getting away!" Nate yelled. There were at least fifteen vampires not to mention the two who were in the driver's seat of the vans.

"Not on my watch!" I yelled as I started fighting off the vampires. I didn't have any stakes on me but I found branches from the trees in the yard that would work just as well with my force of strength.

The vans drove off before Nate and I had a chance to get to them. Nate and I had killed the last of the remaining vampires. I looked up to see the front door of Nate's house wide open and a disaster of a mess in the living room floor. Nate reached for my hand.

"No." He whispered. "This wasn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to leave my family alone. All Dimitri wanted was you." Nate replied as he suddenly fell to his knees in the yard.

"Kayla." I said about to go in the house but I stopped to look at Nate again. It hit me what was in the vans. Somehow the vampires broke through the barrier and got into Nate's house. Kayla and her mom, Erelin were in those vans. "No." I didn't want to think about it. Maybe they weren't taken and just hurt inside the house.

"Nate, we have to look." I said urging him to get up.

We walked inside the house. The place was all in shambles. I picked up a stake that Erelin must have tried to use on whoever broke through the house. I looked up to see Nate rub his fingers over the coffee table. He had some blood on his fingers. I watched as he sniffed it.

"It's mom's." Nate replied in a daze.

"Kayla! Kayla are you in here?" I said taking off through the house and running upstairs to her room in a panic. She hadn't dropped me off for very long for this to have happened. When I got to her room it was a mess. There was no trace of her anywhere in the house.

I walked back downstairs quietly to see Nate waiting for me. His fists were clenched tightly as if he wanted to hit something. I gently touched his shoulder.

"I'm going to get them back." I said. My mind was made up. I was tired of all the games Dimitri wanted to play. He has messed with the wrong chick. "What I don't understand is how did they get in? A vampire has to be invited and I know Erelin and Kayla wouldn't invite one in."

Nate and I both heard a slight moan coming from his room. "That!" Nate said charging into his bedroom before I had a chance to stop him.

"Where are they?" Nate demanded grabbing a half concious human and slamming him against a wall. Nate's lamp on his nightstand was slightly broken which is how I saw the flickering light from my room.

"Nate, take it easy. He's hurt." I said noticing the deep gash in his throat and his messed up right arm. "He might be just a victim too."

"I don't care. I've seen this asshole before and he wants to be a vampire. He isn't a victim. Dimitri is using him to build his army by tricking people like tonight. He pretended that his car broke down I'm sure and then once my mother invited him in he called for the vampires to come in. Isn't that right?" Dimitri slammed him again.

"Stop. Believe me I want to pummel something too but we need to gather information first then hit later." I said trying to ease Nate's grip on the guy.

"Talk." Nate replied throwing the guy on his bed.

"Dimitri lied to me. He said I would be turned." The man replied.

"You're going to wish you were permanently dead if you don't tell me about my mother and sister!" Nate angrily said as he was about to hit the guy on the bed.

"I think it would be in your best interest to tell us what Dimitri has done here. I can't promise that I can stop Nate here from killing you." I said.

The man looked at Nate and then at me. "I'll talk but I need some water first." He replied.

Nate looked at me. "I'm not leaving. I don't trust you with the witness. You go get the water. I'm good. I'm a slayer remember? I think I can kick his ass if he tries to escape." I said glaring at Nate.

"Fine but if you do manage to escape. I will hunt you down and kill you myself. Your pitiful foul stench of blood won't be too hard to find." Nate said hitting the wall on his way out to the kitchen.

"Now, you were about to tell us where Dimitri has taken Kayla and Erelin to?" I smiled through gritted teeth as I got my fists clenched.