Time to Dance

Fear

We arrived at the hospital and there were cops waiting to speak to me. I was the oldest child and an official adult now. There was even a social worker which freaked me out. Since dad was missing and mom unconcious were they going to take my brother and sister away from me?

Everything was just happening so fast. Was this what Grams was trying to prepare me for? I wish I had her here to comfort me. Stupid vampires. Stupid life. I can't help but to feel that this is all my fault. If it wasn't my stupid birthday my parents would both be at home right now, but instead they had to go out and get me a car as a present all because of me.

I felt so numb. All I wanted to do was to see my mother. Brendon fielded the cops and social worker for me once the doctor was alerted that me, my brother, and sister had arrived. I was grateful. Will and Lizzie clung onto me like we were lost little kids. Everyone was afraid. I just hoped Mom would be ok. I need her more than I ever realized.

"Miss, you are the oldest so I would like to talk to you alone over here." The doctor replied.

"Actually, my brother and sister have a right to know what is going on with our mother so anything you have to say you can say to them or all of our friends." I said looking around the room and becoming a leader that I never thought I was.

"Very well then. Your mother had internal injuries and lost alot of blood. We have her in surgery to fix that and she may have some head trauma. Her legs were pinned and her right leg is broken. She also had a very nasty cut on her forehead. We want to prepare you that she may not wake up for awhile. She was having trouble breathing so we had to stablize her." The doctor replied.

"It's a miracle that she survived after what the cops tell me about the car. They said it was totaled and they used the jaws of life to get her out. Do you understand everything that I have told you?" The doctor asked.

I nodded my head. "I should get back in the OR. I will be back with an update once the surgeons have finished." The doctor replied. Then a nurse came and showed us the way to the proper waiting room.

Everyone piled into the room talking about what may happen now or what might happen. I was so thankful that Nate's dad was outside still talking to the cops and social worker. I looked over at my brother and sister and my heart sank. Surely they wouldn't try to split us up, I mean I am 18 now. What a birthday.

I walked outside of the room and into the large hallway. I walked a bit and then stopped against a wall, leaning on it. I had to get away for a minute to process everything. I slid down the wall and onto the floor. I started sobbing. Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up into Nate's eyes.

I stood up and he held his arms wide open and I cried. The next thing I knew, Brendon was walking down the hall with the social worker. They wanted to talk to me. I grabbed Nate's hand with my right one holding on for dear life and wiping away my tears with the other hand. I was afraid of what they had to tell me.