Time to Dance

If The Future Is Mapped Out...

What happens when you can see your own death before it even happens? Should you feel fear or sadness or even happiness that you have a purpose? I know now that my death will save the human race. That is what all the dreams and nightmares have been about trying to prepare me for this night. Yeah, my goal is to shut down Dimitri for good. If I fail and I die quick then the world is doomed but if I succeed in killing Dimitri, my death still looms. Kind of depressing really.

It's crazy how the brain tucks away important memories that you think are too buried and lost to be remembered but are found. Almost all of mine have been about one thing. Sure, my family has been in some memories that are special to me but most are the ones I hold of Nate. I love that boy.

There was one time when I was five I remember drawing a picture of us. Granted it was stick figures but I had a dress on with flowers in my hand and had drawn a top hat on Nate. I drew us getting married. Then he pushed me off a swing later that day which buried that memory and dashed that dream until now.

Look how far we have come. Because of Nate, I wasn't as afraid of my nightmares. He kept me safe at night and made me feel protected. We became close friends after his parents made him apologize for the swing incident and made us spend more time together which led to the sneaking into each others' rooms at night. I wish we had more time. With Nate I have hope, and love.

After thinking about Nate, my grandmother visited me. We talked and laughed. It was like she was with me all my life and I guess she had been for I've seen her in my dreams since I was a kid. Once the laughter stopped the worry and crypticness took over. "Focus." She said. "It ends here." Yeah that was all about me.

It seemed like I was out of it for hours but I finally managed to wake up. I opened my eyes expecting to see Nate but he wasn't in the room. I couldn't feel him there as my eyes didn't want to fully adjust to the light of the room. My head was spinning and I felt weak. How strong of a bite did Nate take?

I sat up in bed looking around the room I was in once my eyes finally adjusted. It was a huge room with a bathroom. There were two tv's on a stand in front of the bed. I managed to get up; a little uneasy at first but I regained my balance. I turned on one of the tv's.

"Mom?" I asked out loud as I clutched the tv. Dimitri had my mother in another room. She was yelling at the camera recording her she found as Micah was slumped over on a couch. No! What does Dimitri want with her?

I heard footsteps coming down the hall from the room I was in. I saw a chair and quickly broke it, taking a piece of the broken wood as a weapon and then hid behind the door. The handle rattled before finally turning and the door opening. I lunged at my would be attacker only to quickly stop as I recognized Nate was the one coming in the door.

"Jeeze! Stop trying to stake me!" Nate said as he slammed the door shut.

"Nate!" I said grabbing him and tackling him to the floor. "I'm really glad to see you but we have a major problem." I said.

"More problems than being here?" Nate asked surprised.

"Look at the tv." I replied getting off Nate as he looked up at the screen.

"Your mother is here? Dimitri didn't tell me that. That's what Richardson meant in that you wouldn't want to leave." Nate said.

"What?" I asked. "Who is Richardson?"

"It's not important. What does he want with her?" Nate asked concerned for me.

"That's what I would like to know." I sighed. This changes things.