Time to Dance

Down But Not Counted Out

(Amanda's POV)

"Dimitri, when I get out of here so help me!" I screamed into the security camera on the ceiling in a corner of the room I was in.

"Ugh, what hit me?" Micah replied groggily as he stirred from the couch he was on.

"Micah, you're ok!" I said as I ran over to him. "You have one nasty gash on your head." I said looking him over.

"Where are we?" Micah asked.

"We are in a room in Dimitri's mansion." I replied as Micah shakily got up.

"Easy there." I said helping him to stand.

"There's a window." Micah observed as he looked around the tiny room we were in. It was a small study. A couch, a desk, and a chair were the only furnishings other than the empty bookcases around the walls.

"I already tried that. The window is too high even when I stood on a chair, not to mention we are being videotaped." I said pointing to the camera.

"What does Dimitri want with us?" Micah asked. "And how did we end up here? Last thing I remember we were in an alley and there were only two vampires."

"We were ambushed and I had to help defend you when you got knocked out so my guard went down. I woke up here before you did. As for what Dimitri wants with us...Dimitri wants my daughter and possibly me dead too." I answered.

"Not if I kill him first!" Micah yelled trying to break down the only door to the room.

"It's not made of wood. It's a certain type of metal that even I can't break through so we can't bust out of here." I said sitting on the couch as Micah rubbed his right side from slamming into the door.

"Dimitri has my daughter here too! Are you just going to sit there and take defeat?" Micah yelled angrily at me.

"No. That's why there is plan B." I said getting comfortable and closing my eyes.

"What? Plan B? We can't even bust our way out of here. How do you have a Plan B?" Micah asked getting on my nerves.

"You know, you are really starting to aggrivate me. I wouldn't piss the slayer off if I were you. I don't remember you being this much of a wuss years ago." I said rolling my eyes.

"Let's see, that was before I thought your husband was responsible for my wife's death oh and don't forget a psychopathic vampire has my daughter!" Micah yelled.

"Enough!" I screamed pushing Micah down to the ground. "Let me try my freakin Plan B!"

I sat back down on the couch as a grumbling Micah walked over to the chair in the room and sat down. I closed my eyes to concentrate.

"Pete. Pete, I need you. Dimitri, has me and Micah. I know you can hear me. Find me." I said awaiting a response.

(Pete's POV)

"Watch the road!" Brendon screamed at me as he grabbed the steering wheel of the car.

"Dad, what's wrong?" Will asked from the backseat.

"Something is wrong at home." I said as we were almost home.

"I feel it too now that you mention it. Something isn't right." Brendon responded.

"Kayla isn't answering me." Will replied.

I pulled into the driveway as Will and Brendon ran straight to Brendon's house after they got out of the car. I ran into my house. Amanda went out with Micah to slay in a different part of town then us. She should have been back by now or Alex should be home as well. Instead, the house is empty. I ran into Alex's room and found a folded piece of paper at the end of her bed.

I picked it up off the floor and read it. It was a note from Nate. It said Alex was with him at Dimitri's. I didn't need to look it up where Dimitri was staying. I already knew where it was. In Nate's note, he provided ways to sneak into the mansion. He recommended the tunnels underground. That was new. Dracula and Volkmar never had that.

"Pete. Pete, I need you. Dimitri, has me and Micah. I know you can hear me. Find me." I heard Amanda in my thoughts.

"Amanda, I hear you. Is Alexandra there with you?" I replied.

"No, just Micah. Why?" Amanda asked.

"Dimitri has her too. Listen, I know where you are. Stay calm. Help is coming." I said.

"Stay calm? Please tell me you meant to say something else. This is a slayer you are talking to. Now Micah on the other hand..." She laughed. Laughter was good right? It meant that Amanda wasn't hurt or anything.

"Pete, you can't come right now. The sun is going to come up soon. Whatever Dimitri plans are, it isn't for right now. This gives you a day to get a plan going. I think he wants something for later tonight. I love you." That was the last words Amanda spoke to me in my thoughts. I couldn't get through to her after that.

"I love you too." I said in my thoughts hoping that she heard those words at least.

"Brendon, what's wrong?" I said turning quickly as I saw him, Will, and Josh standing in the doorway.

"Dad, they took Kayla and Erelin!" Will replied.

"What...how?" I asked in shock.

"Dimitri's goons tricked them somehow. I can't reach Erelin." Brendon answered distraught.

"Josh and Will it is almost getting daybreak. Josh, go get your father, brother, and Lyra's dad, Andy. Will, go get Patrick. I know where the girls are and we don't have much time to come up with a plan. Go now and hurry back before sunlight!" I barked.

"Why would Dimitri take Kayla and Erelin?" Brendon asked running his hands through his hair.

"Dimitri has Alexandra. Tonight is his showdown." I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Halloween everyone! :) I hope everyone gets the candy they want.