Time to Dance

Security

"Nate, look!" I yelled pointing back at the tv. The screen had changed.

"Mom? Mom!" Nate yelled. The screen flickered to another room. This time there was Nate's mom and his sister Kayla. Kayla was slumped over in a chair and Erelin was lying on a bed.

"I have to leave. I have to find them." Nate said pushing past me.

"Nate, you can't. I know you want to but you have to think logically. If you go barging in on whatever room or floor they are in, your cover is blown. Dimitri will know that you aren't working for him anymore." I sighed.

"I don't care. That's my mother and sister in there!" He said running his left hand through his hair.

"Nate, my mother is trapped here too." I said gently touching his arm.

"But your mother is a slayer. Mine isn't. She isn't even a vampire." Nate said staring at the tv.

"Ouch." I said sitting on the bed. "And here I thought that your mother was one of the bravest I know who could take care of herself. I mean after all the crap Dracula and Volkmar put her through vampire or not, your mother still fought and she would fight for you and Kayla. She's a mom. Mom's are tough." I smiled.

The screen changed again. This time Nonnie and Lyra were shown in a room together unconcious. I clinched my fists together.

"Remember all the bedtime stories?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" Nate asked angrily.

"History is repeating itself. Little baby brother Dimitri can't take over without living in his older brothers' shadows. If he wants this fight, he is going to get one. This exactly how Dimitri and Volkmar's last battles were." I said.

"Alex, you do remember the endings to the stories right?" Nate said softly.

"I do. Mom kicked ass and won." I said. "Which is exactly what I am going to do." I said getting up off the bed.

"Alex, everytime your mother fought, there were consequences. The last time made her go crazy." Nate said.

"I remember but she is better now. I have my mother back." I said staring into Nate's eyes. His eyes had worry lines forming and the rage was temporarily gone. All of the worry and concern replaced it.

"Can you really handle all of this pressure? Not only are you responsible for getting our family and friends safe but Dimitri has invited people to attend his ball." Nate said grabbing my arm and making me face him.

"I have to. Everyone is counting on me." I said as Nate pulled me in closer to kiss me.

"I should go." Nate said in between a few kisses.

"Where?" I asked not wanting him to stop.

"There are things I must do." He broke away.

"Please don't try to find your mother." I said as his hand slipped out of mine and out the door Nate left.