Time to Dance

Be Alone

I sat down on the bed thinking about the trap Dimitri had everyone in. If he wants a show, then I am going to give him a show. I can really feel the pressure now as Nate called it. I think there is even a song called Pressure. In fact I think a band my father once knew sang it. What was there name? Oh, Paramore. And why am I thinking of this? I must really be delusional right now. Yeah, that's what I am calling it.

I sighed and flopped backwards on the bed staring at the plain, ugly, white ceiling. Dimitri has my mother. He has my friends. Dimitri even thinks he has my boyfriend under his control. This vampire feud has been going on for a very long time. Part of me is nervous, anxious, and a little scared. I'm not going to lie but I know what lies on my shoulders.

Dad has to know where everyone is at by now. I am pretty sure that Mom has tried to communicate so backup is not a problem; at least I hope it isn't. It should be a piece of cake for my Dad and his friends to come save the day, right?

Lizzie! Elizabeth is safe. She wasn't on the monitors so Dad will realize where she is and keep her away from this. My sister is too young to have to deal with all this. I can't fail. If I fail in stopping Dimitri, it all falls on her shoulders. I can't let that happen.

It seemed like hours went by. Nate hadn't returned. I tried talking to him in my thoughts but all I recieved was silence on his end. Finally, a knock occured on the door and two vampires walked in as I shot up from the bed.

"Dimitri wants you to wear this tonight!" The tall vampire out of the two replied as he tossed a box on the bed.

"Everything else you need to get ready for tonight is in the shoebox." The other vampire said as I eyed him while he sat that box on the floor. Then they both quickly scurried out of my room.

I opened the box laying on the bed to find a beautiful white, strapless dress. Prom gown like only with the dress stopping just above my knees. Shoes? "I am so not wearing heels." I remarked as I opened the shoebox and tossed them aside. "No, I think my converses will work nicely." I said out loud.

Dimitri had everything in that shoebox. Hairbrush, makeup, etc. I guess he wanted me to look my best and my best was what he was going to get.

I managed to get ready but I had doubts starting to go through my brain. I turned the tv back on only to find nothing. The cameras had stopped rolling on Mom, and everyone else. Another knock on the door made me jump. I turned around to face whoever was coming in only to come face to face with someone I least expected to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Back after a very long hiatus and update for any of my readers still left and wanting to see how it all ends. Thanks for sticking through been a rough few years. :)