Time to Dance

Not My Time To Shine, Yet

Somehow Nate convinced me to come home. Will and Lizzie needed sleep and so did I, even though I didn't want to admit it. I could always come back up to the hospital and I needed to be home in case I heard something about dad.

"Do you want me to stay?" Nate asked.

"Can you stay until I fall asleep?" I asked once we were home.

"Yes." He said as I climbed into bed and snuggled against him. He smelt so good and I could hear his heartbeat. It made me smile.

"Alexandra, your mom is going to be ok." Nate said.

"I hope so. She scared me." I said.

"The doctor said that she was healing." Nate replied as I looked up at him.

"He said she was healing pretty fast. When has my mother ever done that?" I asked.

"Um..." Nate said.

"Remember the stories? She was a vampire slayer. It was part of her abilities. Maybe she is still a slayer. I mean, I have been having vampire dreams and such." I said trying to analyze things.

"Vampires don't exist anymore, Alex. Your mother and Kat killed them all. I think you are just worried and upset and are thinking too hard right now." Nate said yawning.

"Yeah, but lately there have been stranger things happening. I feel different too. I don' t know." I said sighing.

"I am worried about my dad. I wish I could be out there joining the search." I said.

"I know you are worried. I am too." Nate said kissing me on the forehead. "Now try to get some sleep." He said.

I fell asleep listening to the sound of his heartbeat. My unconcious mind wandered. I drifted into another dream.

"Alexandra." I heard as I was walking in a park.

"Mom?" I yelled.

"Alexandra, over here." I heard again.

I turned and walked towards the sound of her voice. "Mom, where are you?" I asked.

"I am right here." She said as I turned around.

"Mom!" I said running to her and hugging her.

"I thought we might have lost you and I am scared and..." I said talking a mile a minute.

"I know, honey." She laughed. "You are going to be ok. You are going to take care of your brother and sister and you will have help." Mom replied.

"You aren't leaving us are you?" I asked.

"No. I have some things to tell you but I don't have much time. You will not remember any of this dream until the time comes, ok?" She asked.

"You mean when I wake, I won't remember talking to you?" I asked afraid.

"Yes, you won't remember." She said.

"Why won't you wake up?" I asked.

"I am trapped. It isn't my time. This is your time to take over, however not now but soon. I wish I could explain." Mom replied.

"This is confusing." I said.

"Only you can help me wake up. I am always here for you in here." She said pointing to my heart.

"What about dad? Do you know where he is?" I asked.

"I can't answer that. All I can do is warn you and prepare you for what may happen. Your friends are in danger. Things are going to happen but you must be calm. Someone you love will be found again." Mom said.

"Who?" I asked.

"You will understand when the time comes. You aren't ready yet. I love you." She said starting to fade away.

"Mom?" I yelled.

Then I woke up. Wow. Did I have another nightmare? I don't remember.

The clock read that it was three am. Nate was gone. I got up and walked to my window. I started to feel something odd but I couldn't place it. I looked out my window and saw nothing but I heard the neighborhood dogs start to bark. Then I looked over to Nate's backyard and saw Brendon walking out by the pool. Why would he be out at three am?