Time to Dance

Seeing Things

"I saw him! Alex, I saw him!" My sister said barging into my room. I turned away from the window for just a second.

"Who did you see?" I asked wondering if she saw Brendon out her window upstairs or something and then I looked back out my window. Brendon was gone and the porch lights were off.

"I saw dad!" Lizzie said.

"Where? Is he here?" I asked.

"No. I saw him in my dreams. He is ok." She said.

I sighed. My sister was dreaming. If only it was that simple.

"Honey, dad is still missing." I replied as we walked upstairs to her room.

"I...I'm sorry Alex. I just got caught up in a moment. I thought he might actually come home." She said crawling back to bed.

"It's ok. You had a good dream. Don't give up on the good dreams. Dad will come home to us. I know so." I said trying to stay positive for her at least.

I pulled her hair back and watched as she rolled over to fall asleep. Once I knew that she had gone back to sleep I checked on Will. He was sound asleep as well.

I walked into my parents bedroom and crawled onto mom's side of the bed. The pillows smelt like her. I stared up at the ceiling.

I suddenly had a feeling in the pit of my stomach. I went over to the closet and pulled out an old hoodie of dad's that he had designed and pulled it on over my shirt. I was still wearing the clothes I had on from yesterday.

Next, I headed back downstairs and into the kitchen. Then I opened up the patio doors that led to the outside patio and pool. Something just felt off but I couldn't place it.

I flipped on the outside lights and walked outside. We had a fence around our property but it wasn't high on Nate's side. Our dad's built that so we could talk to each other. The rest of the fence was kept high to keep intruders out or neighbors from spying on us on the other side. Plus, we lived in the hills so there was a huge drop off in the back.

I walked around just checking to make sure that everything was ok. I then had a feeling to turn around. Standing in front of me was my father.

"Dad, you are all right!" I said running over to hug him. Something was different about him. He didn't act the same.

"Dad? What's wrong?" I asked now nervously backing away. I looked in his eyes and became paralyzed.

"I invite you in." I said uncontrolable. Then he came closer to me and leaned in. I passed out.