Time to Dance

Don't Wake Me Up From This Dream

"I will take everything away that you love. I will find you. I know who you are." I heard a voice say in my dreams.

I looked around the room. It looked like I was in a mansion or something. There was all kinds of expensive furniture.

"You will be a slayer soon and just right for the war. You will join my side because you will have nothing to fight for." The voice laughed. I know I have heard this voice before but I could not place it.

"Alexandra, take my hand. He can't hurt you if you take my hand." I heard Nate's voice behind me. I turned and reached out to grab his hand.

"Foolish boy. You can't protect her forever and she will be mine. I know who she is. Soon she will be the slayer." The voice laughed.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed letting go of Nate's hand and placing my hands on my head.

I opened my eyes to see that the voice was gone and so was Nate. I was now standing at the beach where I was earlier. The waves were crashing in front of me.

"Nate? Nate!" I yelled.

"I am right here." He said as I felt two hands wrap around my waist. I turned to look at him.

"Nate, I have been the only one worried about you, other than your mother. Everyone else has gone crazy." I said.

"I know." He said.

"You told me you would be with me forever." I said holding him and not wanting to let go.

"Wait, you are one of them. You are a vampire." I said pulling away. "What happened to you? How were you turned?" I asked.

"I can't answer that right now. There are more important things I need to tell you." Nate replied.

"You bit me." I said reaching for my neck. "Why?" I asked.

"You need to be safe. This is my only way of protecting you until..." He said.

"Until I am the slayer." I said processing it. "Does that mean that mom will die?" I asked.

"No." Nate said shaking his head. "There is alot to take in but when the time comes you will understand." He replied.

"I won't rememeber this when I wake, will I?" I asked.

"No but you will when it is your time as slayer." Nate said taking my hand.

"How are you with me if I can't see you?" I asked.

"You feel me. You always have. I am here." He said pointing to my heart. "I always can feel you." He said as I leaned in to kiss him.

"We will be together again." Nate replied.

"I felt you in the hospital. Were you hurt? I followed a blood trail." I said.

"I dropped half of my blood packet. I was confused at first and I remembered you and had to find you but I can't say anymore." Nate said wanting to tell me things but I knew he couldn't.

"This voice, I have heard him before. I think I have met him or something but I can't place him." I said.

"He can't hurt you unless you let him in your dreams. Think of me. I will be here. For now, only in your dreams can we see each other." Nate replied.

"I have so many questions." I said.

"I know and I wish I can answer them but I can't. You have to go. You have school tomorrow and you need to go dress shopping with Lyra and Kayla afterwards." Nate said demanding.

"I can't. You won't be there." I frowned.

"You will go. Alexandra?" He said pulling me close to him again.

"Yes?" I said as I looked in his eyes.

"I love you." He said as I heard my alarm go off.

I woke up and said, "I love you too." Wait, why am I saying I love you too? Last night was such a blur.

I got up and looked in the mirror. I suddenly had two bite marks on my neck. How did those get there? Did I fall? When I was at the beach did something bite me? I couldn't remember. All I could remember was to tell Lyra and Kayla that I would go dress shopping today.