Time to Dance

A Walk In The Dark

I left the house and walked over to the Urie's. I walked over to Nate's room and looked in the window. I sighed and started to walk away when I saw a light flip on.

I peered into the window but to where I wouldn't be seen. I saw Brendon walk into the room and fill up a bag with Nate's clothes. Why would he do that?

I heard some dogs start barking which startled me so I walked away from the house. I walked a few blocks but I stopped. I felt like someone was watching me so I turned around.

"Dean!" You scared me." I said as I saw he was behind me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sneak up on you." He said.

"Wait, what are you doing here in my neighborhood?" I asked.

"I was out with my friends." He replied.

"Oh, right." I said rolling my eyes.

"You shouldn't be out here alone. It isn't safe." Dean said.

"Like you would care. You would only care if I was your property." I said walking past him.

"Hey, wait up." He said catching up.

"Seriously Dean, what do you want? I mean, you ditch your real friends, you barely speak to me, and when I need a friend low and behold everyone seems to act crazy." I said saying how I feel.

"I am sorry about your parents. I know how close you were to them. I know you miss your dad alot." Dean said trying to be friendly.

"I loved...love my dad. He may be missing and out there hurt somewhere from the accident and all I can do is hold out hope." I said shivering.

"Here, take my jacket." Dean said taking it off and handing it to me. I just looked at him like he was crazy.

"Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden?" I asked taking his jacket.

"Look, Alex, I am sorry for the way I treated you. I wasn't myself. I haven't been for awhile now." Dean spoke.

"Yeah, no kidding, you and everyone else." I said as we walked.

"Listen. I do love you. I know you don't love me but maybe you did at one time. All I ask is for you to forgive me and we start over fresh." He said.

"As friends right?" I asked.

"Uh, sure, as friends." He nodded.

"Then I accept." I said hugging him.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your neck?" Dean asked.

"Oh, actually, I can't remember but I think it is starting to heal up but rather slowly. I wish I had mom's old ability to heal fast." I sighed.

"You don't mean that." Dean said.

"No, just the healing part. I thought that was so cool." I smiled.

"I never told you this but you have a pretty smile. You should smile more often when you can." Dean said.

"Why Dean Christopher Trohman are you flirting with me?" I playfully grinned.

"Is it working?" He asked.

"No." I laughed. "But thank you for the compliment." I smiled.

"So you really don't remember about your neck?" Dean pressed.

"Why are you and Lyra so interested in my neck wound? I mean Lyra's is forming a scar and she kept asking me about it today." I said.

"I have noticed she has been acting weird." Dean replied.

"Are you going to the prom?" Dean asked.

"Yes but I don't know why. Nate was my date." I said looking down and holding the necklace again.

"You really miss him don't you?" Dean asked.

"I do. Don't you? He was your best friend." I said.

"I miss him." Was the response Dean gave me.

"I shouldn't tell you this because I don't want to hurt your feelings but it is eating me up inside." I said.

"What is it?" Dean asked concerned.

"Dean, I love Nate. I think I always have and didn't realize it til it was too late. I never got to tell him and now I don't know if he knows I do." I said with tears starting to fall.

"I am sure he knew. How could he pass up a pretty, sweet, funny, and talented girl like you? I know I didn't." Dean said putting his arm around me.

"I better get home I guess now." I said. "Thanks Dean for letting me vent. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings." I said as we started walking back to my house.

"No. I just want to make sure that you are safe." He said as I heard some wolves start to howl.