Time to Dance

Curious Mind

I left Erelin's and made it home. Will left me a note telling me that he was going out with Kayla and that he was dropping Lizzie off over at Andy and Chrissy's. I smiled. He knows I worry if he doesn't tell me where he and Lizzie are going since mom is still in the hospital.

I was tired and could barely keep my eyes open, but I was curious to know a few things so I went into dad's office and sat down in his comfy computer chair. On the desk there was a picture of him and mom from their wedding day. They looked so happy. I wished I could bring them back together and have things the way they were before all the craziness happened.

I turned on the computer and yawned. Vampires were on my mind and I couldn't let it go. I needed to know about the past again since my mother wasn't here to tell me.

The first thing I searched was vampires and it brought up things about vampire lore from movies and books. The second thing I found under vampires was a site that mentioned vampires as enemies to not only humans but to werewolves. I have dreamed of wolves. I have also heard wolf cries recently. How come mom hadn't mentioned anything about werewolves before? Do they even exist?

It also mentioned something about a family of vampires. There were three vampire brothers who started the vampire madness. When I tried to learn more there was nothing else to learn. The site just repeated itself.

Last, I found mom's and Kat's slayer journals. Mom had more entries of course. I started reading but couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. This was going to wait until after my nap.

I turned the computer off and headed to my room. There, I fell onto my bed and pulled a blanket over me. I don't know why I was so suddenly tired but I managed to fall fast asleep.