Time to Dance

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

"Alex." I heard someone whisper as I walked down an empty street.

"Alex." I heard again as I stopped to turn around. I saw no one around me.

"I know who you are. Soon, you will be mine." The familiar voice said.

"Leave me alone. I am not afraid of you. Why don't you show yourself?" I said.

"In do time. All in do time." The voice said and then there was silence.

Something compelled me to keep walking. I walked until I spotted the place Nate and I liked to hang out to get away from the paparazzi. The lights were on and I couldn't resist. I had to go in.

"I knew you would show. You just couldn't wait to see me again." Nate said smiling as I remembered what he had done to me earlier.

"Wipe that grin off your face. I have nothing to say to you." I said still apparently pissed at him.

"Look, about what I did earlier..." He trailed.

"No, you listen. I don't want to see you in my dreams anymore. Don't bother visiting me." I said.

"Alexandra, you don't mean that." Nate said. "I know you are angry at me but it is for your protection right now." Nate explained.

"Just stop. I'm sick of hearing that. If you can't show yourself to me for real, then don't bother at all. This isn't working, Nate. I'm sorry. I can't keep knowing what I know unconciously when it is killing me that I can't remember when I am awake. Seeing your mother as she is is tearing me apart. I think it would be better if you just leave me alone. You should have never saved me that night." I said trying to fight back tears.

"Alex..." Nate said.

I heard wolves howl outside and started to walk towards the door of the restaurant. I tuned out what Nate was telling me. Wait, I just tuned out whatever he said. That is cool.

I heard the wolves howl and put my hand on the door. I was about to leave Nate and go outside when he grabbed me and pulled me back. I stumbled and fell to the ground.

"Don't go out that door." Nate commanded.

"You don't get to control my life when you feel like it." I said leaving Nate stunned as I somehow broke through his hold over me. I impressed myself.

"What did you say?" He asked shocked.

"You heard me." I said getting up.

"I am going to the prom with Dean. I decided to go with him. I think i deserve a little bit of fun after the ordeal I have been through." I said looking back outside.

"Alexandra, you can't do that!" Nate said as I turned and looked at him.

"Stay out of my dreams." I said walking out the door.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. This was going to be a killer morning. My heart felt conflicted yet light all of a sudden but I couldn't place it.