Time to Dance

Picture Time

"I will go first to make my brother squirm ok?" I laughed.

"That would be helpful." Kayla smiled.

"Wow, sis, you clean up nicely." My brother said turning red as he thought at first I might have been Kayla coming down the stairs until he realized it was me.

"Shut up." I playfully said as I punched my brother's arm when I made it down the stairs.

"Let me get some pics of you two before Kayla comes down." Erelin said.

"Well, if it isn't Pete's kids." Brendon said coming out of the kitchen smiling.

I was in a happy mood but my mood suddenly changed as I saw Brendon. I don't know why it was but I felt something just wasn't right. I haven't spoken to Brendon since I left Erelin's a few weeks ago when I cut school. I don't intend to now.

"Will, I am counting on you to take good care of my daughter tonight." Brendon said.

"Yes sir." Will said.

"If you guys intend to do anything after prom such as bowling or what not you call us first, otherwise I expect my baby girl to be home right after." Brendon said drilling it into Will's head.

"I so got it." Will said as Erelin finished with my pictures and moved on to my brother. Then she took some of me and Will.

"Kayla are you planning on coming down soon?" Erelin yelled.

"Coming mom." She said.

When she walked down the stairs, Will's mouth dropped. "You might want to close your mouth unless you want a fly to land in it." I said laughing.

"Wow, Kayla you look amazing." Will said to her once she was in the living room.

"Thanks. You clean up nice too." She giggled as I gave her the gag me look.

"Kayla, you and Will stand over there." Erelin said making them pose in certain parts of the living room.

"You two look so cute together!" Erelin beamed.

"Mom! I am almost eighteen. That is not cute. You don't use cute when you are an adult." Kayla replied.

"Well, you aren't eighteen yet so I can use the word cute." Erelin shot back.

"Don't you want a group shot, Alex, while you wait for the others?" Brendon asked.

"Uh, sure." I said walking far away from him as possible. I tried not to look at Brendon but I did. That was a big mistake. I got butterflies in my stomach and I felt like blurting out the word traitor but I kept it inside. What was wrong with me?

"You three all look so adorable." Erelin said as I laughed before she snapped the picture of me, Kayla, and Will.

"Mom please. I would hate to hear what you would say if Nate was here." Kayla said without thinking.

"Oh mom, I'm sorry. I didn't think..."Kayla said running over to her mom.

"It's ok." Erelin said looking at me as if I was a piece of a puzzle.

The doorbell rang. We were saved by the bell. Josh, Dean, Lyra, and Josh's date Nonnie, had now arrived. Let the picture taking continue.