Time to Dance

A Prom Fit For A Princess

Dinner was great until the paparazzi showed up at the Italian eatery and made us eat fast and take off to the limo. I am sure in the headlines it is going to read tomorrow, "Pete Wentz's daughter caught with son of Joe Trohman." Or even better, "Brendon Urie's precious daughter seeing like father, like son, William Wentz."

"Why are you smiling?" Will asked.

"I'm smiling because tomorrow our faces are going to be plastered everywhere in some magazine or entertainment show." I said laughing.

"So?" Will replied. "It's our prom." He added.

"Yeah, but I can't wait to see you squirm when Kayla's dad pulls you aside because some headline reads, "Like father, Like son? Pete Wentz's son caught canoodling with Brendon Urie's precious daughter." I said laughing.

"Well...it's not like he doesn't know we aren't dating." Will said squirming already.

"Yeah, but with the perfect money shot..." I said before Kayla said cutting in.

"Oh, stop it Alex. You are giving your brother a heart attack over here." She laughed.

"Will, I'm only kidding." I said.

"I know and that is what is scaring me." He replied as I shook my head.

The limo finally arrived at the fancy hotel we were having our prom at. I think it has been here since the 1930's. Alot of famous old movie stars have stayed here or something. We were having our prom in the ballroom.

"Smile!" Josh said already busting out his camera before we even stepped foot inside the hotel.

"I swear if you take my picture one more time!" Lyra snapped.

"Why Lyra, you are looking a bit pale today." Josh said acting like he was going to take her picture. Lyra just stormed off away from us and headed for somewhere in this huge lobby.

"I think we better grab us a table." Dean said extending his arm out for me to take. I wrapped mine around his and we stepped in.

It was like nothing I had ever seen before. We were all starstruck and that is hard to say because we have seen many things and been in many clubs because of who are parents are but this was so cool and glitzy. There were ice sculptures and food tables set up if we got hungry again. There was a huge dancefloor with a DJ already spinning tunes and the ballroom was done up as if we were in a castle where a prince or princess would throw a ball.

"Before you can find a table you need to vote for prom king and queen and drop it in the bucket here." Elsie, the class president said after we walked into the ballroom.

"Look, Alex, your name is on the ballot!" Kayla said practically grabbing my arm and jumping up and down.

"How did I end up on the ballot?" I asked Elsie.

"Didn't you guys vote in your English class? Someone had to nominate you." Elsie said as I looked over at Kayla.

"You picked a lovely day to miss class." Kayla beamed as I sighed. "Besides you already have the part of looking like a princess down." She added smiling. I didn't feel like a princess unless my prince was here and it certainly wasn't Dean.

I looked over at the guys' choices to see Dean's name. I was about to say something to him, to congratulate him but I stopped. Below his name was Nate's. If only he was here, then I wouldn't mind being up for prom queen.