Time to Dance

Why Don't You Be My Girlfriend?

(Will's POV)

"I can't believe that Dean would go and say something like that? How can he throw away almost eighteen years of friendship? He has made me so mad right now that I really want to punch his lights out for what he did to my sister." I replied as Kayla and I headed over to where the punch was being served.

"Alex, took care of it." Kayla smiled at me. Her smile was the most beautifulest I had seen.

Why hadn't I not noticed Kayla sooner when I started dating a few years ago? Oh that's right because she was your sister's best friend that's why. I was crazy not to have wanted to date her back then.

We walked over to the punch bowl and I grabbed a glass of punch for Alex as Kayla grabbed one for her. The music started to slow down and the two teachers who were guarding the punch from spikers shooed us along. We only managed to take a few steps away from the table however.

"Inspite of what Dean has said to make you mad, are you having a good time?" Kayla asked as she sipped her punch.

"Yes." I said. "Listen, Kayla, I know we have known each other all of our lives but I was wondering..." I said.

"Yes?" Kayla said getting all excited as if she knew what I was going to say next.

"I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend. You know, officially. We have been casually dating..." I said.

"And kissing." She laughed.

"That too." I smiled. "The truth is, I crave to be around you. You have such an infectious laugh that makes me want to be around you more and your smile lights up a room. I just wish I noticed alot sooner." I said spilling my heart out.

"Oh, Will, I would love to be your girlfriend!" She said grabbing me and almost making us both fall over. We just laughed and then kissed.

"Will, do you feel fuzzy? Maybe I sucked down that punch too fast. I have a headache all of a sudden." Kayla said pulling away.

"That's weird, I have one too and I didn't drink any punch." I replied.

"Maybe we should check on your sister." Kayla replied as we turned to walk over to our table but when we arrived we saw Alex was not there.

"Where would she go?" Kayla said looking around the room.

"Hey, there she is dancing with some guy. Can you make him out?" I asked.

"No. Alex looks happy though. I don't think I have seen this guy before." She said grabbing her head.

"Hey, let's sit down some." I said drinking Alex's punch before it melted. It was weird that Kayla and I were both having headaches.

"Do you want to dance in a few minutes?" I asked.

"No, I want this killer headache to go away." She replied. "I wish they would play a fast song though. I love to slow dance but this is rediculous. How many does this make now?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said leaning in to kiss her forehead. "Does that feel better?" I asked.

"I don't know. You may have to do it again." Kayla grinned as I pulled her over onto my lap.

We started making out until Kayla pulled back from me a bit. "What is it?" I asked.

"That looked like...no, it couldn't have been. Hey, there goes Alex!" Kayla said pointing as I turned around to see my sister running after that guy she was dancing with.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now time to announce our prom king and queen!" Elsie said on a mic as the music stopped.

"Oh, no! They are about to call out the names. Let's go see if Alex is ok." Kayla pressed as we got up from the table and started to walk towards the doors that led out to the lobby.