Time to Dance

Strength From Within

(Will's POV)

"Did I hear right that my sister won?" I turned and asked Kayla as we saw Alex walk in with that guy.

"Nevermind that. Is that my brother?" Kayla asked as I turned back around to see a spotlight on my sister.

"I can't tell. No way! It is!" I said as she grabbed my hand.

"The votes for your prom king are...Nate Urie!" Elsie said with people cheering for Nate. I looked at him. He didn't look comfortable.

Alex and Nate walked by us as they walked up to the stage. All I could do as well as Kayla was to look at them funny. Where has Nate been all this time?

The principal started talking of course which I tuned out. Kayla hit my arm and made me turn around. Lyra walked in from the lobby grabbing her neck and looking disoriented. Then I turned back around to see my sister start to collapse on the stage.

"Kayla, something is wrong. I feel it. We have to get up there!" I said grabbing her arm.

People started filing in all around us wanting to know what was wrong with Alex which made it harder to get to the stage. Kayla let go of my hand and started pushing people out of her way to get through. I started to have a weird feeling about all this and I think my sister knew what was going on.

"Well boys, it looks like my queen has finally woken up." I heard a voice say. I turned around as I was almost to the stage. Kayla was no where near my side. It made me worried.

"Hey, you and your posse needs to step out of here. This is a private party." Our principal said on the mic.

The guy blocking the doors to the lobby spoke again. I looked to see that my sister had come to and that Nate was yelling at her to snap out of it. Alex's eyes had a different look to them, like she was out of it even though she was awake.

"You humans are pathetic!" Dimetri said looking around the room.

"If you don't take your friends and leave buddy, I will call security." The principal said.

"I will leave once I have my queen." The creepy guy spoke again. I was definately getting weird vibes from him.

"Alex, come on we have to go, now!" I heard Nate say as he dragged my sister off the stage.

"Kill everyone and bring me my queen boys, and leave Lyra for me. My queen won't be able to leave a friend behind." The guy said as I saw a bunch of other guys start piling into the room. Mass panic and confusion started in the ballroom as everyone tried to make it out of any exit they could find.

"Kayla!" I yelled looking through the crazy crowd.

"Will!" I heard Kayla say over at the right side of the room by an emergency exit. I made my way over there to see a guy holding her with what looked like vampire fangs. I was not really seeing this was I? Vampires are real?

"Let go of her!" I said taking the vampire by surprise. Just as he let go, two more vampires came up behind me.

"Will, look out!" Kayla screamed.

I turned around just in time to duck as a vampire tried to punch me. Kayla was trying to fight off another vampire. I looked around the room and remembered everything mom had told me on how to kill a vampire. I need something wooden to stake them with.

I grabbed a vampire not realizing my own strength and threw him onto a table which caused it to break. When it broke, I got lucky because the wood splintered and staked the vampire. I then picked up a piece of wood from the table and went after the other two vampires who Kayla was trying to fight off.

"That was amazing!" She said as I pushed her behind me. "Where did you get all of that strength from?" She asked.

"I...I don't know." I said.

"Need some help?" I heard my sister say as she staked one of the vampires.

"Nate!" Kayla said running over her brother in all of this confusion.

"We need to get people out of here. Will, you and Kayla get these people out of here and block the exits on the other side. I want no vampires getting out of here." Alex said taking charge.

"Sis, you are a slayer now?" I asked.

"Just do this." She said.

Nate nodded at Kayla. "I will explain later." Nate said to her as she grabbed a stake out of Nate's hands and took off with me. I had so much adrenaline rushing through my veins at this moment.

Kayla and I were staking any vampries as we made a path to a door that led out to the lobby. We were yelling at people and made sure we could get everyone out. When we saw almost everyone out, we shut the door and barricaded it.

"Nate is alive and Alex is a slayer?" Kayla said almost out of breath.

"Guys, I haven't seen Josh come out." Nonnie replied interupting us.

"You mean he is still in there?" I asked.

I started to unbarricade the door. My friends and sister were still in there. I had to help.

"What are you doing?" Kayla asked. "We are to stay put here." She said.

"I don't know about you but my sister is in there possibly fighting for her life which she saved ours. I have to go back in there. That vampire in there wants her for something. You stay here with Nonnie." I commanded.

"I am coming with you." She said as I opened the door back up. She kissed me hard on the lips then broke a wooden chair in the lobby throwing me the pieces of wood from it. "My brother is in there too." She said as we ran back into the ballroom.