Time to Dance

Prom Night Redux

People were running and the vampires were attacking. I was pushed away from Nate. I heard him call out to me.

"Alex!" He yelled.

I finally snapped out of my fog. It wasn't from Nate calling for me but from my brother as I heard him yell for Kayla. I knew what I had to do. It was my duty to protect people now from the vampires. I was the slayer.

This was not happening at my prom. In fact, this happened at my mother's prom as I recall. I want that vampire on a silver platter for ruining everything and my prom.

"Alex, we have to get you out of here. You aren't ready yet." Nate said catching up to me as I was about to turn towards my brother's voice.

"I am not leaving. These people need me. My brother needs me. Your sister needs us." I said looking him in the eye. I remember bits and pieces of things now and I was not happy. Nate and I needed to talk; a long one at that.

"Watch out!" Nate said pushing me out of the way as a vampire tried to sneak up on me.

I was shoved into a table which broke as I fell onto it. I got up and dusted my dress off. I was pissed. This is my freaking prom. I looked down and saw pieces of wood that I could use as a stake.

As Nate and the vampire fought, I went behind it and staked it. Then I nodded at Nate. I was going to get my brother out of here.

"Need some help?" I said running behind Kayla and staking one of the vampires.

"Nate!" Kayla said running over to her brother in all of this confusion.

"We need to get people out of here. Will, you and Kayla get these people out of here and block the exits on the other side. I want no vampires getting out of here." I said taking charge.

"Sis, you are a slayer now?" Will asked.

"Just do this." I said.

Nate nodded at Kayla. "I will explain later." Nate said to her as she grabbed a stake out of Nate's hands and took off with Will.

I fought off what vampires came my way as Nate and I tried to get people out of the ballroom. Several of our classmates weren't lucky but I didn't have time to grieve at this moment. I had a job to do.

"Alex!" I heard Lyra yell.

I stopped what I was doing and took off. Nate got into my head. "Don't! It is a trap." Nate replied.

"I don't care. Lyra is our friend. My mother would not leave her friends behind!" I snapped.

I made it over to where the ballroom windows were. That is where Dimitri was waiting for me. He had a hold of Lyra in front of him with his fangs reared.

"Alex, I am so sorry. He made me spy on you. I didn't want to do it. He made me invite him here." Lyra said crying.

"I know Lyra." I said standing in a firm position.

"Well, my queen has finally arrived." Dimitri spoke.

"I am not your queen nor will I ever be. Let my friend go." I said.

"I think not. You see, I have her and I also have your friend Josh." He said as Nate came up behind me.

"Josh!" I gasped as I saw him unconcious over a vampire's shoulder.

"We are outnumbered." Nate said looking at the vampires behind us. We kill so many and more seemed to show up.

"I may let them go if you come with me. You can help end my war." Dimitri sneered.

"Let my sister go!" I heard Will say fighting off the vampires behind me and Nate with Kayla behind him.

"Will, get the hell out of here! This isn't your fight." I said.

"Interesting." Dimitri grinned.

He threw Lyra onto the floor and walked up to me. I seemed paralyzed. Nate was in my head again.

"Don't look in his eyes. He is making you not to move. I order you, Alex to run." Nate said as him, my brother, and Kayla were overpowered and captured by vampires.

I am not a runner. I am not running from this. I can do this. I can get us out of here.

"I have waiting a long time for you." Dimitri said touching my face. "I helped make your mom a little crazy. You see I threatened her I would take you away and make you mine as part of my revenge." He continued.

"Ah, you have already been bitten!" Dimitri said smacking my face.

"You will pay for that." I spat at him finally able to move.

"You can't beat me. You have nothing." He laughed as he grabbed me.

I heard howling and then ten wolves crashed into the ballroom through the windows. I was knocked to the ground. They were wolves from my dreams.

I tried to get up but one wolf jumped up on me with his fangs. I looked him in the eyes and realized that these were werewolves. Something was different about this wolf. His eyes seemed so familiar.

He didn't fight with me but let me go when it was safe to move away. The wolves were tearing into the vampires. I ordered Will and Kayla to grab Josh as Nate helped Lyra up.

We all took off running towards the lobby and then outside. Our limo was waiting for us amazingly down the street and we all got in. We ordered the driver to take us to the hospital for Josh and Lyra's injuries.

"He will come back for me and you." Lyra said scared.

"I will be waiting for him." I said.

Once at the hospital, I made sure Lyra and Josh would be ok. I sat over in the waiting room as Kayla called her mom and dad. Something prevented her from telling Erelin about Nate.
I glanced over at him.

"You have to tell them." I said.

"Will, we are leaving. I will take care of your sister." He said touching my brother's shoulder. I watched as my brother nodded and then fell asleep.

"Kayla, I love you. I will explain everything but for now you need to rest." He told her.

"You are not doing this to me. You are not erasing my memories of this Nate. Don't do this to me. Don't make me forget I am the slayer as my mom forgot. I'm not her. Don't leave me. There are vampires out in the world and I have to stop them." I said pounding on his chest with tears forming.

"I'm sorry." He said pulling me into a kiss. Then I blacked out.