Time to Dance

Parallel Lines

So many memories seeped into my unconcious state. Some mine, some not mine but my mother's. I was somehow dreaming what she had went through based on what she had told me only my dreams looked real as if I was there. It is so odd how our lives seem to parallel.

"Alex? Alexandra Wentz!" I heard as I was walking through a park now.

"Mom?" I said turning around. I looked down to see I was still wearing my prom dress but I felt my hair had fallen out of place some.

"Honey, you look beautiful." Mom said as I ran over to her. "I can't stay long." Mom added.

"Why is this happening to me?" I asked.

"It is all up to you now. I wish I could help you but I can't yet. You still have to find the key that will help me wake up honey." Mom replied.

"I don't know if I can do this alone; without you." I whispered as I hugged mom not letting go.

"You have Nate. He will help you." Mom said.

"Psh, right. He bit me, covered it up by making me forget then as I realize that there are vampires in this city he blocks that out too. On top of that he sort of pushes me away and them pops back into my life on my prom night no doubt probably because he knew that I may become the slayer. Am I right?" I asked.

"Take it easy on Nate. He has been through alot believe it or not." Mom said as we sat on a bench.

"Right." I said rolling my eyes.

"Alexandra Wentz you listen to me. Nate was bitten. It was hard for him to accept what he has become. He wanted to tell you so many times in person but stopped himself. He really loves you. Your father gave him orders not to let you in on what is going on to protect you. He bit you that night to save you on the beach. I don't like it but it had to be done. You need him to train you. Every slayer has a watcher. Nate is yours." Mom explained.

"Why can't dad be my watcher and how do you know about Nate?" I asked.

"I have talked to Nate in my dreams. He has come to me when he visits the hospital. Your father went on an important mission which he failed." Mom said.

"I think I understand. Dad went to find Kat. Kat is dead and because of it I am next in line." I said.

"Nate only wanted to keep you safe tonight." Mom replied.

"Do you know this Dimitri vampire that I am up against?" I asked.

"No." Mom said looking away.

"Mom, you can't hide it from me. What has he done to you?" I asked remembering what he had told me earlier.

"I don't really know who he is, only that he wanted revenge." Mom said.

"Revenge for what?" I asked. "I thought all vampires were killed when you killed Volkmar." I replied.

"I thought so but after you were born things happened. Nightmares started all over again and it made me fearful for you kids. I am sorry if I seemed to go crazy but now you know I only did things to keep you safe. " Mom replied.

"What about Will? Is he a slayer too?" I asked seeing as how he had a super strength.

"Will is not a slayer. After Kat died I think it triggered something in him too. You are my children. I am a slayer so it is in your blood. Will may have the strength of a slayer but he doesn't heal fast or have any other ability. Lizzie probably has a quality too now. I have never heard of a slayer having more then one kid as I did so it makes me smile to see this." Mom smiled proudly.

"You have so much potential. I know you will make me proud." Mom said.

"Based on all the flashes and memories I think I know what I have to do now, mom." I smiled. "I will get you out of that bed." I said.

"I love you and make sure you tell Will and Lizzie." Mom said as I drifted into another dream.

This time the dream consisted of a nightmare. Nate was walking to his car from the movie theatre the night he disappeared. All of a sudden he was ambushed and grabbed from behind.

"No!" I screamed waking up.