Time to Dance

Daddy's Girl?

I made it up to the concessions building and looked for everyone. I saw that Sean, Will, and Lizzie were in a line with Nate and Kayla was over with Lyra who was flirting over with some older guys. I decided to walk up over to them.

"Alex, I am so glad that you decided to join us!" Lyra said. "Boys, this is our other friend, Alex." She added introducing me to her new guy friends.

"It is nice to meet you. I am Dimetri." One of them said with an accent and sticking his hand out to shake mine.

When I went to shake his hand, I felt a weird feeling come over me. I quickly jerked my hand back away from him and said, "We better get over to the boys."

"Ok, in a minute." Lyra said laughing at one of the other guys jokes. I couldn't help but feel Dimetri's eyes burn into mine.

"No, now." I said dragging her and Kayla away who was enthralled in another one of Dimetri's friends.

"It was nice to meet you, Antonio." Kayla said turning to wave.

"What was that for? What's your damage, Alex? Kayla and I were having a little fun over there." Lyra replied.

"Look. Those guys are older college guys. They didn't feel right to me. Something was off about them that I couldn't place ok?" I said.

"Alex, now you are starting to become paranoid and act like your mother." Kayla said.

"Don't bring up my mother. I am not acting like her. I do not want to be like her. I am more of a daddy's girl anyway." I said as we walked over to the boys.

"Did I miss something?" Nate said handing me a coke.

"No!" All three of us girls said at the same time. Then we started laughing which confused the rest of the group and it was known that we forgave each other.

"I got you a burger and fries too." Nate said handing them to me as we walked out of the building and back to our cars. Nate pulled me aside away from the others though who walked faster than us.

"Why were you arguing with Lyra and my sister?" Nate asked concerned.

"It was nothing. All is forgiven." I said.

"Alexandra, you know that you can't lie to me." He said gazing in my eyes and making my heart start to race.

"Fine." I said rolling my eyes. "I found Lyra and Kayla flirting with some older college guys but when I approached them and shook one guy's hand, I got a bad vibe from them is all. I made them leave the guys." I explained. "Then Kayla said I was acting like my mother. It got to me." I added.

"I want to be honest with you, Alexandra. I have felt something weird too since we pulled in here but maybe it is because of the moon or something. Whatever it is can wait. Nothing is going to ruin our fun tonight, right?" Nate asked giving me a grin that makes me smile.

"Right." I said as he extended his left arm and I wrapped my right arm around his as we carried our food and headed back to the car.

It felt good to know that Nate always had my back. His grin and his eyes always had me. It was time to let loose and just have some fun with my friends tonight with no worries.