Time to Dance

Things Aren't The Same As They Used To Be

I apparently hadn't been asleep long I realized. When I had lifted the black curtain to see where I was earlier, it was still dark out. There was no alarm clock in the room I was in to know what time it was either. Besides the bathroom, the room had the bed I woke up on, the closet, and a dresser.

I walked out of the bathroom and slowly opened the door. Across the hall was a bedroom and there was another bathroom down the hall from the room I had just been in I noticed as I slowly walked down the hall and to the steps that led to the first floor of the house I was in.

I grabbed my stomach sensing that there was a vampire in the house. It was a good vampire and it had to be Nate. I really have to get used to sensing vampires. I don't know how my mother got used to it.

As I went to head downstairs I noticed pictures hanging on the walls around me. They were of my parents. This couldn't be the first house that they owned together was it? I thought that they sold it to have the bigger house we have now because of us three kids.

I made it downstairs to see not much furniture was around. There was a couch and a few chairs and I found a flat screen tv hanging on a wall. Nate was here in this house somewhere.

I found Nate in the kitchen getting out some packets of blood out of the fridge. I guess he sensed me too and turned around as I rubbed my neck. Is this the place he had been hanging out at all this time?

"Hey." Nate said stashing the blood packets behind him so that I wouldn't see them.

"Is this where you have been hanging out?" I asked.

"Yeah. It belongs to your parents. There isn't much furniture here. I think your parents kept it for nostalgia reasons. I only remember being here once when we were kids for a party. You don't remember this place?" Nate asked.

"No." I said.

"It was your fifth birthday and you pushed me into the pool." Nate smiled.

"You could swim." I smiled.

"So you do remember this place now?" Nate asked.

"No, but I remember a pool and pushing you in." I laughed.

"Your dad brought me here when he found me. He set up an area for you to train. He knew you may be the slayer. He wanted to protect you. He had some dreams before the accident." Nate explained.

"Where are my manners though. Here, I bought some food the other night in case you get hungry. There are cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper's in the fridge if you are thirsty because I know it is your favorite and what would you like to eat?" Nate asked opening up the fridge.

"Of course you had to put the blood packets next to my drinks." I said rolling my eyes and kidding Nate.

"Oh, sorry." Nate said embarassed.

"Nate, I was kidding." I said taking the Dr. Pepper he got out of the fridge for me.

Nate looked at me and then backed away from me. "I better go drink this in here." He said sounding upset.

"Nate, I am not ashamed or scared of what you are." I said taking the packet out of his hands and sitting it down on the cabinet.

"You should be." Nate said not looking at me. I took his hands and forced him to look at me.

"Nate, I love you. You being a vampire doesn't change things between us. Your parents were vampires and they dealt, my dad was a vampire and my mom dealt. You are still my Nate." I said letting go of his hands and wrapping my arms around him. I then placed my head on his chest.

"Things aren't the same as they used to be." He said pulling away from me.

"Why, because you bit me? Oh, yeah, I remember everything." I said bringing up things I wanted to finally say to him in person.

"I had to bite you. I had to keep you safe that night on the beach. It wasn't your time to be a slayer and I didn't want you to know things yet. I came to you in your dreams because I had to see you. I had to talk to you even though it was wrong. Your father and I were trying to prevent you from being the slayer. I guess....I guess your father didn't find Kat in time because you are now the slayer." Nate said looking down like it was his fault.

"Tell me something." I said.

"Ok." Nate shrugged.

"Did you visit me the night you were turned?" I asked. "I felt you."

"I did but I wasn't myself. Everything was so blurry when I came to. I felt fuzzy and didn't understand things. I didn't know who or what I was. I felt a thirst for blood but somehow I fought off the urge to attack anyone. I made it to the hospital and something led me to your mom's room. I saw you talking to your mom and the words you had said. I realized I was a monster and took off." Nate said.

I took Nate's hand and led him to the couch. "Show me." I said.

"What?" Nate asked confused.

"I want you to show me everything that happened to you. I have to know. I have to see it through your eyes." I said looking in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry everyone for not updating sooner. I have been tired, sick, and working alot of hours this week. It's been hectic.