Time to Dance

I Trust You

(Nate's POV)

"Alex, I am not sure that is a good idea?" I replied.

"Why not? I want to know what it was like for you. I need to know." Alex insisted.

"Why do you need to know so badly for?" I asked.

"I want to know what it was like to become a vampire." Alex said.

"No. Just stop." I said getting off the couch.

"Nate, I know that this is hard for you to talk about but you need to tell me. I went too long not having you with me." She said grabbing my arm.

"Fine." I said giving in. I couldn't deny those eyes of hers.

"You remember what my parents said about it, right?" She asked as I sat back down.

"Yeah, I think so." I said taking her hands in mine. "Close your eyes and try to relax." I said to her.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax and let her in my thoughts. As our hands touched there was definately a connection felt between us. I thought back to that night letting Alex into my memories.

"Later, Sean." I said as we left the theatre. I had parked on the right side of the building because the front lot was full that night. Sean had gotten there before me and so he parked in the front.

"Where do you think you are going?" I heard a heard a voice say. It sounded like the one from my dreams. I had been having strange dreams but I couldn't tell Alex because she was having them and I didn't want to worry her.

I turned around to see a college aged guy and four of his friends standing behind me. "Excuse me?" I said fumbling for my keys in my pocket.

"If you think you can get away, forget it. I know who you are. You are Brendon and Erelin Urie's son." The guy laughed.

"Buddy, I don't know who you are but you better back away. If you know who I am then I think it is best you leave." I said trying to keep an eye on them and open my car door at the same time.

"We aren't going anywhere, but you are!" The guy said attacking me. I tried to fight him off but was hit from behind by another guy.

The other two guys held me as the head guy punched me in the stomach and slammed me against my car. Then he lifted me up off the ground my neck, almost choking me. I kept fighting.

"So you are a fighter. I like that. Alexandra's dad was too. I had to kill him you see." They guy said baring fangs now.

"What? Leave Alex alone! What did you do to her father!" I yelled.

"The same thing I am going to do to you only you are going to help me get my queen. You are going to join me." The vampire said pulling me to him and biting my neck.

I slumped to the ground. "By the way the name is Dimetri and I am here to exact my revenge. Your families have taken something away from me and now I am taking what is mine to be even." He said slitting his wrist with his fangs.

I thought about refusing. I wanted to die and not let him win but my heart said no. In my heart, I knew I had to drink. I remembered all of the stories of the past and I knew this was my only way of protecting you. So I drank. The last thing I remembered hearing was Dimetri's laugh.

I woke up in an alley confused. I couldn't remember who I was. I just knew I felt hungry. I was thirsty for blood and had to find it.

I heard laughter and followed it until I saw people. Something forced me not to hurt them. I saw an image of Alex and headed to the hospital. When I saw Alex, something started to change in me. I slowly started to realize who I was and what I now was. I couldn't let Alex see me this way.

I ran out of the room and outside with a blood packet I managed to steal. Then, I saw Pete and everything changed. He taught me how to fight and be prepared and left me in charge to protect Alex.

"Nate, I'm so sorry." Alex said breaking our connection. I opened my eyes and looked into hers. Our bodies started to move in closer until our lips finally touched. I felt a growing need and pulled away.

"Nate?" Alex said my name.

"How can you love this?" I said turning to face her with my fangs out. "What if I hurt you? I feel like I can't control myself when I am around you. The vampire in me wants to take over. I want you too badly. I want to take you but if I do, you won't wake up." I said releasing my fears.

"I trust you." Was all she said.