Time to Dance

You Are On My Turf

I find myself walking in a park. It is daylight. I hear kids playing on a nearby playground and turn to look at them.

I was a kid once. I used to feel free and not have a care in the world. These kids I see are just an image in another dream.

"They won't know what hit them." A whisper occured in the wind.

I turned around. The day suddenly wasn't day anymore. It was now dark outside and the sounds of children playing were quiet.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled. "I'm not afraid of you." I said.

"You should be." The voice whispered again.

"What do you want from me Dimitri? Why are you after my family? You should not even be here." I said.

I saw a shadow start to emerge from the fog that was surrounding the trees. It was Dimitri walking closer to me. I wasn't afraid of him. I know from the things I heard from my mother and from Nate the last time Dimitri came to me that I could be hurt in my own dreams. I could die from my dreams.

"I want you. There is a war. This is my turf. You should be my queen and help me rule over the pathetic humans. With your abilities combined with mine, we would be unstoppable." Dimitri laughed.

"I will never join you." I spat at him.

"Then you can watch all of your friends die." He wickedly smiled.

"What is this war you speak of?" I asked staying on guard.

"You haven't figured it out?" He asked seeing as how I was confused. "There are werewolves that have been awaken. They want you too." Dimitri said with hate in his voice.

"Werewolves don't exist." I laughed.

"Stupid girl. What got you and your friends away from me last night?" Dimitri said with his eyes becoming darker.

"And here I thought that was just some pack of wolves you pissed off." I said realizing that vampires obviously hate the werewolves.

"You have a mouth. Didn't your mother ever teach you to respect your elders?" Dimitri replied.

"When it comes to vampires, sorry, I must have missed that memo." I said.

"Look it up on the werewolves. I know you have had dreams of them. They can be decieving." Dimitri scoffed.

"This coming from you?" I laughed.

"If you think I am bad you don't know the half of it girly." Dimitri said as he presses his lips together.

"You will join me." Dimitri laughed.

"And yet I continue to say no." I said.

My dream flashed to me standing inside of Lyra's hospital room. Dimitri was standing over Lyra and had her head in his hands as she lied there unconcious.

"Leave her alone!" I said starting to attack him.

"I wouldn't do that. I could so easily break her or turn her." He said sliding his fangs out as I was grabbed by two vampires.

"I shall start with this one and work my way one by one until everyone you love is dead or joins me." Dimitri grinned.

"No!" I screamed.

"Alex?" I heard Lyra say as she started to open her eyes. Then I saw Dimitri go in for the kill.

"NO!" I screamed again.

I woke up in a sweat. I quickly got out of bed and ran downstairs. "Keys!" I yelled at Nate as I was about to open the front door.