Time to Dance

Whoa Oh Feelings

I sat with mom for a bit and somehow managed to drift to sleep. I woke up groggily to a presence behind me. I turned just slightly and grabbed the arm that was about to touch me and turned it backwards.

"Shit, let go!" Nate said.

"Nate! I am so sorry." I said letting go when I realized who it was.

"Didn't you feel that it was me?" He asked hurt and grabbing his right hand.

"Well, you should know I am still getting the hang of all these feelings. Look, I was asleep and vamp mode kicked in so excuse me." I said rolling my eyes. "Is your hand going to be alright?" I asked.

"Fine, no thanks to you. Why are you in here and not with Lyra and her folks?" Nate asked.

"I needed to think. Andy has made it a point to help us in slaying and I don't think that is such a good idea and they won't listen to me about getting out of town for Lyra's sake. I just needed a place to calm down. How did you find me?" I asked.

"I felt you plus as soon as I walked into Lyra's room Chrissy was over hugging me, Andy was shaking my hand saying something like father, like son, or something and I just smiled and backed out of the room. Nate said making me laugh. "What?" He asked.

"You afraid of Andy and Chrissy now?" I laughed harder.

"Well, it was like they had never seen a vampire before the way they were talking to me and such. It freaked me out. And what does Andy mean exactly like father, like son?" Nate said thinking out loud on the last comment.

"Nate, your father was a vampire once, wait, twice." I giggled. "And now here you are a vampire just like him." I smiled.

"I could say the same for you. Like mother, like daughter." He rolled his eyes.

"My mom snagged her vampire boyfriend." I said wrapping my arms around Nate.

"Oh, and what are you trying to say, that history has a way of repeating itself?" He asked.

"Well, your father snagged your mother. My mother snagged my father. We have alot in common you and I." I grinned.

"Is that so?" He said pressing his lips together and sort of curling them. Man, it made my skin tingle being this close in such a very good way.

He pulled me into a long kiss and then let go. "What is it?" I asked.

"You came in contact with someone." Nate eerily replied.

"Yeah, what about it. It was just some stranger who I found standing over mom's bed when I walked in. I scared them away. I just hope that it isn't a spy from Dimitri." I sighed.

"Wait, do you know who this person is?" I asked.

"No. I just saw it from your thoughts.

"Nate sometimes I keep certain thoughts private. You can't just ty to invade my thoughts all the time." I said angry with him.

"Sorry." He said leaving me determined to block him from my mind sometimes. I know it can be done from what mom has told me before.

I grabbed Nate's arm. "We have to go now!" I said taking off and making my way to where Lyra was. Dimitri was here. He was the only vampire who had bitten Lyra and now he was here to claim her. I am not about to let that happen.