Time to Dance

A Howl In The Dark

Nate pulled our chairs closer together and we began to watch the first movie. It was some zombie movie. The air became chilly and I started to shiver after I ate my burger.

"You are cold." Nate said.

"I am just a little." I replied.

"Come here." He said getting up and extending his hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked laughing a bit.

"Nate, sit down. The people in the back can't see." Kayla said.

I got up and gave him my hand and he picked me up and carried me to the hood of his car and sat me down on it. Then, he got in his car and pulled out a blanket. I was a little confused.

"Here." He said climbing on the hood and leaning back against the windshield.

Nate pulled me close and I snuggled close to him to keep warm as he wrapped the blanket around us. I put my head on his shoulder and we started to watch the movie again. His cologne smelt so good.

"Aww, look if it isn't my brother and my best friend hooking up." Kayla said making fun of us because she knew we both should be together.

"Shut up! I have a boyfriend. I am just cold." I yelled at her.

"Uh huh, sure. That is what they all say." My brother joined in as everyone laughed and Nate and I blushed.

"Maybe I should get up." Nate said starting to sit up.

"No. I don't care what they say. We are really good friends, right? They can get over it." I said looking in his eyes.

"Yeah." He said looking away.

I eventually fell asleep on his shoulder. I could hear his heart beat which is what put me to sleep. I woke up midway through the second movie however hearing a howling sound from a wolf. Since when has L.A. picked up wolves in a busy part of town?