Time to Dance

Hey Jealousy

I ran outside of the hospital and out onto the parking lot. I felt that there were vampires out but there was no sign of Dimitri. He must have fled once he knew he had no control over Lyra.

I looked around and then suddenly I was attacked from behind. A vampire had knocked me onto the concrete. He then grabbed me and rolled me over, straddling me. I managed to knock him off.

I started fighting back even though I had no weapons on me. I then became surrounded and I knew I was in trouble. If I could just get close enough to one I could snap their neck.

"You shouldn't be out here alone new slayer." A voice said jumping into the fight and tossing me some stakes.

"Who are you?" I asked realizing that it was the same man that ran from me in my mother's room. He looked to be around the same age as my parents.

"Let's just say I am a friend of your mother's." He replied.

"How do I know that? How can I trust you?" I asked.

"Because I fought along side her once." He said as we started staking vampires.

"Why won't you tell me your name?" I asked as our backs were against each other.

"I can't reveal who I am yet. I see that your father failed to find the last slayer." He said angry.

"My father didn't fail. Something had to have happened for Kat to have died. It doesn't mean that my father didn't go looking for her to protect her." I huffed killing three more vampires. "I mean do you honestly think he wanted his daughter to become the next slayer. Please." I snapped.

"Alexandra!" I heard Nate yell.

"We shall meet again." The man said killing the last vampire and taking off again.

I stood there as Nate had ran over to me. "Are you ok?" He asked.

"I am fine. Dimitri took off but he left some of his men. That man I saw earlier dropped in giving me these." I said holding the two stakes in my left hand.

"You shouldn't have ran out of here without protection or me around. You need more training." Nate said scolding me.

"I couldn't take you biting Lyra." I said tossing him the stakes and storming off to the car. I drove here.

"Wait, are you jealous that I bit her?" Nate asked seeming to be amused.

"No." I fired back.

"I think that's it. You are jealous that you aren't the only one bitten by me." Nate said as he followed me to my car.

"I am not jealous." I replied.

"Well anyway, Lyra is going to be fine. Andy and Chrissy can take her home tomorrow." Nate said.

"Good to know!" I said getting into my car and slamming the door shut.

"Alex, don't be like this. You know I had to do it." Nate said as he got into my car.

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes and taking off out of the parking lot of the hospital.

"Where are we going?" Nate asked.

"We are going to the one place I promised my brother I would meet him at." I replied.

"And where is this?" Nate asked.

"To your parents' house." I said watching Nate squirm.