Time to Dance

Let Me In!

"Mom, I heard some commotion, what is going on? Mom!" Kayla said flying down the stairs as she saw Erelin in Brendon's arms.

"Um, can someone invite me in?" Nate asked as my brother flew downstairs after Kayla and helped Brendon carry Erelin to the couch.

"What did you do to her Nate? Oh, yeah, now that you are here, see I remember everything. You promised you would explain things." Kayla said reaming out her brother.

"Look, let me in." Nate said.

"Whoa, you mean to tell me that Brendon never invited you in?" I asked as I walked over to the door laughing.

"It's not funny. We wanted mom and you, Kayla, to be safe in case I couldn't control myself." Nate said.

"Whoa, wickedly sweet, Nate is alive." Lizzie said coming down the stairs with Allison and Casey.

"Lizzie go back upstairs." I snapped.

"Sis, I am fourteen years old. I am not a child. I am only four years younger then you. I think I know what is going on. He is a vampire." Lizzie replied as she pointed at Nate.

"Does that mean he can hurt us?" Casey asked.

"No. He is good." Lizzie said.

"Elizabeth, how do you know this?" I asked.

"I can sense them. It's weird, I have only begun to sense them though so have no fear. Kinda creepy but cool." She said as I looked at Nate.

"Don't look at me." He said still outside.

"Does this make me a slayer?" She asked.

"Do you feel stronger?" Kayla asked.

"No, not really." Lizzie replied.

"Hit me." I said.

"What? No. I'm not hitting you." She said.

"Just do it." I said.

"Fine." Lizzie said punching me as hard as she could.

"Am I strong?" She asked.

"Not quite." I said.

"Damn." She said.

"Elizabeth!" I snapped.

"Sorry." She said.

"So what does that make me?" Lizzie asked.

"It means you aren't the slayer but you have an ability thanks to mom. Will has strength." I replied.

"Wait, a slayer has to die for you to...mom isn't dead is she?" Lizzie replied about to tear up.

"No!" I said grabbing her and hugging her. "No, mom is fine. Kat died, her friend." I said.

"Hello, I am still standing out here." Nate said a little pissed as Lizzie, Casey, and Allison took off back upstairs.

"Good for you." Kayla said sticking her tongue out at Nate. "You see how it feels being kept out in the dark." She laughed.

"Dad!" Nate yelled.

"I'm dealing with your mother son, not now! Will, go grab me a wet washcloth. Maybe that will make her wake up." Brendon said to Will.

"Alexandra, don't do this. You brought me here, now let me in." Nate said.

I started to hear wolves howling again outside. Just like that, I became distracted. Werewolves, Dimitri had said. These weren't your normal wolves and from what I have seen in movies, werewolves harm people just as much as vampires do. I walked outside leaving Nate puzzled.

"Alex?" He asked.

I took a step off the front porch. I heard the wolves getting louder and closer. My heart started racing. Something intrigued me about them. I was fascinated.

"Alex, I don't like the sound of those wolves." Kayla said stepping outside.

"Kayla, go back inside. Alex, don't!" Nate said catching me before I took another step and off the porch.

I heard Kayla scream which snapped me out of my trance and was pulled back onto the porch. The wolves were in the yard now. There was a pack of twelve.

"Kayla, now is the time to let me in!" Nate said backing up to the door.

"I invite you in, Nate!" She yelled as Nate dragged me inside the house.