Time to Dance

Waking Up To Disaster

"What the hell was that all about? Don't you realize that those were werewolves out there and not some fuzzy, cute animals you could pet?" Nate said yelling at me.

"We have were...werewolves in L.A.?" Kayla asked shaking.

"Yes along with the vampires, now although, why they are here or how they exist, I don't know." Nate said as he turned towards Kayla.

"Stop yelling at me!" I said finding my voice and catching Nate off guard. "You always yell at me anymore. I can't explain it but I feel something different with them. Look, my mother had never dealt with werewolves before so this is all new to me. They intrigued me. I thought werewolves only existed in stories and movies until I started having dreams about them so chill out. Something felt different with one of the wolves." I said pissed.

"Alex..." Nate tried to say.

"No, you listen, Nate. If we are going to make this work between you and I, stop yelling at me over things. I am learning. I get it. We all know it that I am a new slayer. I know that there is some crazy, looney vampire out for my blood and that now we have werewolves that can maul me to death. I know also before anyone says it that I am special and different then all the rest. Just stop." I said almost breaking down. Nate and I were going to kill each other if we kept on this way. Our relationship won't survive like this much longer.

"Kayla, how about I explain what happened to me, now?" Nate said leading Kayla to his bedroom down the hall as she looked at me an apologetic look.

"Fine. Get pissed." I said under my breath.

"Everything ok?" Will said sitting down on the living room floor with me.

"No. I want this all to go away. I want to go away, then maybe this nightmare would be over." I whispered.

"Alexandra, I know you don't mean that." Will said hugging me.

"I can't win with him. Why do I feel like this is all my fault? Why is our relationship not the same since he came back to me and I am the slayer? I just want to be a normal girl who has her parents back." I said tearing up.

"Shh. I know." He said comforting me. "But Alex, you are a much stonger person then this to think like that. This is not your fault." Will said.

I started telling Will everything that has happened to me. I told him all of my feelings on things and I told him that Dad had visited the house and made me let him in before I became the slayer. The next thing I knew was Erelin was starting to wake up and I knew that it wasn't going to be a pretty sight.

"Kids! Come quick! Kayla! Nate! Your mother is coming to." Brendon said.

"Nate? Nate is it you?" Erelin mumbled as her eyes blinked and Kayla and Nate ran into the room.

"Mom! Mom, it's me." Nate said helping his mother to sit up.

At first she smiled at Nate. Then she started hitting his arm. "What the hell is wrong with you? You should have came to me!" Erelin said.

"Ow, mom!" Nate said grabbing his right arm as I started laughing.

"And you!" She said hopping off the couch a little wobbily. "You kept that our son was alive all this time from me?!" She said starting to smack Brendon.

Let the fireworks begin.