Time to Dance

Playing With Fire

Somewhere in the middle of Erelin and Brendon's fighting, I felt drawn to being outside. I knew the wolves were still outside but I had to go. I am a slayer and there are so many questions I have that I must have answers to. I have to know what the werewolves want and why now they choose to talk to a slayer all this time.

I quietly slipped around the stairs and into the hallway away from the living room. I went into the kitchen from there instead of going past where everyone can see me in the living room and snuck out the back. I climbed the fence and hopped over it, landing on my feet. I then walked past Nate's room and inbetween our houses.

When I made it to the front of the houses, I found no wolves but I could sense that one or some were still around, hiding somewhere. I cut over to the front of my yard when one came out fangs reared, knocking me to the ground. I started punching it in the face to get it off me, its claws out. I could hear it yelping as I tried to fight it off me.

"What do you want from me?" I screamed trying to pry it off and keep it from biting me.

I heard a low growl and as I went to push its head away from my neck, I saw its eyes. I knew those eyes. This may be a wolf but I was sensing something familiar and not in a slayer sense way.

"Dean?" I asked as the wolf still on top of me backed up some. Werewolves looked like a wolf but were huge menace looking creatures. This one seemed tamer. I could feel like he wasn't one of the others. He was a pretty white wolf actually with his brown eyes, eyes that belonged to Dean. They had to be.

"Alexandra, don't move!" I heard Nate yell.

The werewolf howled and then let out a growl bearing his fangs. "No!" I screamed placing my hands in front of my face. Instead, I felt a scratch from his claw on my right arm and a burning sensation afterwards. The wolf hopped off me and ran away as all I could do was grab my arm and scream from the pain.

"Alex!" I heard Nate say as he picked me up in his arms.

"The...the pain. It's like fire." I said starting to feel feverish as well.

"Alexandra, stay with me!" Nate screamed as he ran me to the house. Those were the last words I remembered before passing out.