Time to Dance

I'm Not Okay

(Nate's POV)

"What happened to my sister?" Will said flying over to me once I brought Alex in the house.

"Mom, she's burning up!" I yelled ignoring everyone and running straight into my room to lay Alex on my bed.

"I'm on it!" Mom said outside my room.

"Hang in there." I said kissing Alex's forehead. She was unconcious but flinching in pain. I know because I could feel it. I could smell the fresh blood oozing from her arm as well as see it. It was taking everything I had in me not to want it.

"She's going to be alright, right?" Kayla said as I had to finally back away from Alex. I left my room and stood outside it.

"Nate, are you ok?" Kayla said following me out as Will sat on the bed by his sister.

I could hear my parents fighting even still at a time like this as mom was trying to find bandages and a wet washcloth to place over Alex's forehead to help stop the fever. She was so hot.

"No." I said kneeling on the floor. Kayla grabbed my hand.

"It's ok to cry sometimes, brother. I won't tell anyone." Kayla smiled trying to make me feel better.

I started to cry and I couldn't stop. My life seemed so fucked up right now it wasn't even funny. I didn't ask or want this and I certainly didn't want this life for Alex. Pete was off running around someplace when he should be here for his daughter. I can't do this alone. I can't stop the evil and protect Alex when I am scared.

Kayla grabbed me as I sobbed. "I can't help her. I can't take the pain away. Why did she go out there? She knew. She knew the wolves were out there." I managed to say.

"Alex is the slayer. I can't answer it but maybe she felt she had to do something about the wolves. Based on everything we have ever heard, Alexandra is just as strong willed and stubborn as her parents are." Kayla replied.

"You want to go back in there?" Kayla asked as she still held my hand.

"I can't. Too much blood. I've already bitten her, therefore her blood calls to me whenever I see it or smell it. It makes me crave it ten times worse then just seeing her neck." I answered as mom and dad flew into my room with the supplies.

"Do you want to go in there now and have her blood?" Kayla asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Then what is stopping you?" Kayla asked.

I looked blankly at Kayla for a second. I couldn't answer the question at the moment. Then I realized something. My heart was what was stopping me from going in there. It was fighting off the vampire in me and having Kayla here talking to me was a distraction.

"You and myself is what is stopping me." I finally replied.

"See. You aren't a monster, Nate. Alex needs you in there." Kayla smiled getting up. I heard Alexandra scream and I flew into the room.

"She's still unconcious." Dad said holding me back.

"I placed the wet cloth over her head but she may need a doctor and some medicenes if her fever doesn't break, Nate." Mom said. "Her temperature is a hundred and five. That's not normal. Thats why we should take her to the hospital." She added.

"We can't mom. What would we tell them?" Kayla chimed in for me.

"Look, I cleaned her wound and bandaged the arm. That scratch is a pretty deep cut. That's why she screamed, not to mention what other demons she is facing unconciously." Mom explained as we all know that not only is Alex fighting for her life, she is fighting in her dreams that I can't get into.

"What the hell happened to my sister Nate?" Will asked getting up and pushing past Brendon to get to me.

"Easy son." Dad said holding him back.

"This is all your fault. You were supposed to protect her. If you would have just told Alex the truth instead of hiding in the first place and not kept secrets then maybe she wouldn't be here right now fighting for her life!" Will screamed, lunging at me.

"I deserve it!" I said as Will got a few punches in before my dad pulled him off me.

"Is my sister going to become one of them?" Will said hating the idea of calling her a werewolf.

"No." I replied. "She has to be bitten for that to happen. This werewolf that scratched her can now control her much like I still can. This meaning he can call her and know where she is and talk to her in her thoughts. This werewolf lured her out." I explained.

"Why?" Will pressed.

"Will!" Kayla said trying to shut him up.

"I don't know why. Werewolves have never been around our families before." I said.

"It's true, Will. Your mother and her mother never had to deal with werewolves. I didn't even know they existed until Nate told me he had seen them." Dad chimed in.

"What would they want with Alex, Brendon?" Mom asked finally speaking on good terms with my dad.

"There is a war between werewolves and vampires. I hate them. It has become a part of me since I was turned. Alex is of course the slayer. Slayers have to fight both parties but I am guessing since we have never dealt with werewolves before, they knew that and sensed that, seeking Alex out. They are going to use her in their war. I understand now." I said thinking out loud.

"Dimitri wants her to stop the wolves and the wolves want her to stop the vampires. If either one can lure her to either side we are all in trouble." I replied.