Time to Dance

Someone Else's Name

(Nate's POV)

Everyone left the room but Will. He still sat beside Alexandra on my bed as I sat in a chair mom brought in from the living room. I watched as he kissed Amanda on the forehead. She flinched a little and Will looked at me.

"I'm not leaving her side." Will said. "I'm the man in the family now because our careless father decided to be a coward. I should be the one to protect Alex. I have the strength." Will said.

"You may have the strength but it is no match compared to Alex's. Plus, you don't have the healing qualities that she does. I'm not saying that you won't protect her, Will, its just that if you got hurt it wouldn't really help us much." I explained.

"She feels so hot still. I see her flinching in pain here and there...I just wish I could do something." Will said.

"I know." I replied slouching in the chair.

"Hey, Will, I know you aren't going to go anywhere tonight but there is a guest bedroom upstairs. You need to get some rest yourself. I will let you know if anything changes with Alex." I said getting up.

"I know what you are trying to do Urie and it isn't working with me. That persuasion thing..." He yawned.

"Seriously, I am not even using it." I said and I wasn't.

"Ok, but you scream the minute something changes." Will replied getting up.

"I will and here is some clothes of mine you can borrow until you can go back home. You are shorter then me but they should fit." I said handing Will some extra clothes I had in the closet.

"I can't help it my father was short." He laughed.

"At least you are an inch taller then him." I kidded as I patted his back and watched him head upstairs.

I shut the door to my room and crawled in the bed next to Alex. I raised up to kiss her forehead. Alex had to survive the night. I know she would. She has to. She's a fighter.

Mom came in and replaced the cloth on Alexandra's head. "If she is anything like her mother, she will pull through this." Mom smiled.

"I know. It's whats in here that I am worried about." I said touching her forehead.

"Alex will fight whatever battle she is facing. All you can do is be with her and encourage her." Mom said.

"How can I do that when I can't get into her thoughts because of the wolves?" I asked.

"You will find a way." She smiled patting my leg. "Oh, and whatever you do, don't worry if you hear banging or anything tonight. I am locking your father out of the bedroom." She seemed to smile.

"Ok. I wish you two would make up." I replied worried that my family was now becoming fractured.

"Oh, I am utterly pissed off at your father but I can't stay mad at him long. I understand his motives even though they were wrong its just that he needs to learn his lesson." And with that she walked out of my room and shut the door.

I sat up and touched Alex's face. I reached down and kissed her lips. They were still so soft despite the fact she was burining up still.

"Alexandra Wentz, I love you and you will pull out of this." I whispered in her ear as I leaned down to it.

"We are meant to be and not one werewolf is going to take that away from us. Do you hear me?" I whispered.

"Dean." Alex mumbled.

"Dean?" I asked aloud. Why would she be calling out his name?

I grabbed Alex's left hand and kissed it. I walked back over to the chair and stared out the window lost in thought until I could feel the sun start to rise. It had been several hours. Then I pulled the curtains to and sat back in the chair lost in thought again.

Alex started to stir. She had made it through the night. I ran over to her and felt her forehead. The fever had broken which means he arm must be healed up as well.

"Alexandra? Alex, can you hear me?" I asked.

"Dean?" She asked again but this time her eyes fluttered open afterwards.