Time to Dance

Werewolves

After comtemplating how I was going to talk to Dean without Nate knowing for an hour, my brain started to hurt. I sat down in my dad's office and turned on his computer. I happened to glance up to see a folder icon labeled, Lyrics.

I opened it up and started to read some amazing lyrics. Some were about life, some about mom, and then there was me. One song talked about how proud dad was of me. It was almost like he had been here recently. Oddly enough there was no date on when it was saved onto his computer. I am sure there is a way to find out but it isn't important now. I left the folder and got onto the internet. If my father was so proud of me, why isn't he here training me and finding a way to wake up mom?

I got onto the internet and searched the web. Werewolves is what I typed into the google search engine. There were many different websites to choose from, but finding the right site was the key. It was narrowing it down from werewolf stories, movies, and books, to the few sites that actually talked about werewolf lore that no one believes in. Those were the ones I was looking for, not some hollywood hyped up version.

Out of the few good ones, I found a website that was more of a journal, kind of like the journal a slayer is supposed to keep. Whoops, I guess I am a little late getting started on that. But thats for another day.

The online journal was started by a man named Robert Epstein whose great great grandfather started watching and documenting the werewolves. He was like a watcher of sorts. When he died, he passed his knowledge down to his son and so forth until Robert took over the buisness.

According to his site, there are many werewolves but only a few are full blooded werewolves. These werewolves have super strength, mind contol abilities, telepathic abilities, and never age like a vampire. They have a thirst for blood but not to drink as a vampire would. They like to hunt in packs for the thrill of a kill similiar to a vampire but more as a sport then as a meal.

Hmm. This dude obviously knows about vampires as well.

Once bitten by a full blooded werewolf, a person becomes a half werewolf as the full blooded werewolf spreads his venom from the bite if the person survives the attack. If you are scratched, you come under their spell much like a vampire. Also if the head werewolf of the pack is killed or the half or full blooded werewolf that made a person into a werewolf is killed, then all humans still alive will return to normal.

Great! So there is a cure for Dean! I have to, oh, kill the leader of the pack he belongs to. That's Jake McCreary. There is no way I am going to be able to get to him.

I read a little further on how to kill a werewolf. They can only be killed by beheading, or pierced in the heart by something silver. Swords, daggers, arrows, knives, or stakes are the only things and it has to be pure silver. There is one other way to kill them as well.

Wow! Ok, I can't see myself beheading anyone. I read a little farther.

If a werewolf is attacked and hurt but not pierced in the heart by silver, it can damage and temporarily poison them. A werewolf has the ability to heal fast but can still be paralyzed or die if any silver is left in the bloodstream from a wound. Ok, now I really worry about Dean.

I scrolled down some more to see none other then Jake's face listed as one of the head full blooded pack leaders on the screen. According to this guy, Jake has used many names to keep himself unnoticed and is listed as the last werewolf leader. So if I wipe him out, then there will be no more werewolves. I got this.

I looked at my watch and sighed then turned off the computer. I went to my room and looked out my window. Nate's curtains were drawn just like they were when I had left his room. I heard my brother and sister come into the house and I quickly crawled into bed pretending to be asleep. I knew they would check on me.

As I closed my eyes, I thought of saving Dean. I could do this. Then, he would be the Dean we all know and love and safe. Best of all, maybe he could salvage his friendship with Nate.

"Dean? Dean if you can hear me, I want you to meet me by the docks around seven before it gets dark. We have to do this before Nate tracks me." I said right before I actually drifted off to sleep.