Time to Dance

Hostile

Dean pushed me behind him in a protective way as we watched Jake approach us. He was in his human form but Jake had his werewolf protectors appear out of the shadows as well to protect him. This was definately not good. I mean yeah, sure, I want nothing more for Jake to go away but now? Now is not good. Now is the time I am supposed to be home.

"I won't let him get you." Dean whispered as he turned his head.

"Well, Dean, you did a good job here. You brought me the slayer." Jake smiled.

"I didn't bring her to you." Dean replied.

"Why so hostile? I thought you had convinced her to join our side as I see the two of you together. I mean you did tell me the other night that you had infected her." Jake replied as I looked over to see my bag was sitting on the ground to my right. All my weapons were in there.

"I didn't infect her, I scratched her." Dean answered.

"Whatever. Aren't you going to speak slayer? This is a time for a party." Jake clapped.

"I didn't come here to join your side. I came to talk to Dean. In fact, I came here to warn him about you." I said stepping away from Dean.

"Alex what are you doing?" Dean grabbed my arm.

"The calvary is coming. Stall." I said in Dean's thoughts.

"You wanted to warn him? Ha, my dear we are on the same side. We want what you want and that is every vampire to be eliminated. They have hunted our species many times but now with the tables turned on them from your mother and now with your help, we will be triumphant again!" Jake laughed as his followers howled.

"You only want my help so your werewolf species can try to be a superior race then the humans. You are no better then the vampires. You hunt and kill humans just the same." I smarted off.

"Dean, I thought that you would have better control over her. I thought that you said she would understand." Jake acted hurt.

"That was before I learned the truth that you kept from me. You really hunt humans?" Dean asked.

"Ok so I lied a bit or kept the half the truth from you. Humans are everywhere. They used to hunt us. It's kill or be killed. I am the last remaining true werewolf. I want the slayer's power. There you happy now. I thought that you would understand. You wanted to be different. Well, I gave you that chance. But don't worry. You have changed from the old you and soon you will see things my way regardless of what some silly slayer says. The animal is in you and soon it will come out." Jake laughed.

"No! I am not like that. I won't be like that. I am not a killer. I have seen what I have started to become. I have pushed my friends away and hurt them because of this." Dean yelled as I darted to my bag. I reached into it and pulled out some silver daggers.

"Enough!" Jake said changing in front of me into the wolf as I tossed Dean a silver dagger.

"Look out!" Dean yelled at me as Jake charged towards me. I had no time to react it was so fast.

I opened my eyes to see that Dean had saved my life and started to fight with Jake. Dean had morphed back into his wolf form. It didn't take long, however for Jake's followers to come after me, baring their teeth.

"You want a piece of me then fine! Come and get me fellas!" I yelled as I started to fight the huge massive werewolfs.

I knew that deep down inside they were people, but I also knew that these werewolves had been corrupted and there was no turning back for them. I had to stop them. I couldn't let them attack me and even get away. They would just go out and attack random people.

I had managed to kill a few werewolves with the dagger I had and a few others got away. I was wrestling with one werewolf on the ground as he had lunged at me and knocked me down. I was trying to keep his jaw away from my neck where he wanted to rip my throat out.

"What the hell?" I heard Nate say as I heard a yelp and quickly saw the werewolf that was on me thrown a few feet away.

"Nate!" I said as I quickly jumped up and hugged him. "You are just in time!"

"Alex, what are you doing out here?" Will asked.

"I'm trying to save Dean. Look out!" I said tossing Will my dagger. "They hate silver. It kills them." I said as Will fought off a werewolf.

"We need to go now!" Nate said forcefully taking my arm.

"No! We need to help Dean. He is fighting Jake. Jake is the head werewolf. He was using Dean to get to me. He wanted me and Dean saved my life. We have to help him."

"I don't have to do anything. He is a big boy. Looks like he is ok." Nate pointed as I turned and saw both him and Jake were back to human and fighting. Dean had the dagger I tossed him in his hand now.

Then I saw it. Jake had managed to overpower Dean somehow. "Dean, no!" I yelled as I took off running in his direction.

"Alexandra!" Nate yelled after me.

Nate managed to get the dagger away from Dean and stabbed his left shoulder, leaving the dagger in him. He smiled and pointed at me. "You will come to my side eventually." He said snapping his fingers as what was left of his followers took off after him.

"Dean!" I said as I scrambled to the ground. I carefully picked him up in my arms as Dean winced in pain trying to get the dagger out.

"It feels like I am on fire." Dean managed to get out.

"It's the silver!" I said about to take the dagger out.

"You can't do that!" Will said coming over to us.

"Why not?"

"Haven't you heard about taking objects out like that? Dean could bleed to death." Will said.

"Nate? What do you think?" I asked.

"Why are you asking me?" He sarcastically replied.

"He's burning up!" I yelled. "Dean, Dean? Stay with me Dean."

"I don't get it." Will replied.

"The silver is like poision. I have to take this out." I said. "I'm sorry Dean."

I pulled the dagger out as Dean yelled and then fell unconcious. I read what silver can do to him. I looked at Nate for help.

"We have to take him to the hospital." I said pushing down on Dean's wound to stop the bleeding.

"And just how are you going to explain to them what happened?" Nate argued.

"He used to be your best friend. He needs our help. I don't know. Use your persuasion thing or something. If they don't get the silver out of his system somehow, he will die. The dagger is gone but the damage has already been done." I said upset.

"Please, Nate." I pleaded.

"I can't believe I am helping a werewolf." He replied as he helped me lift him up.

"Will grab my bag and call everyone." I said as Will nodded.

"You know you shouldn't have come here." Nate angrily replied.

"You know, I am tired of people dictating my life and telling me what I should and shouldn't do. Do you think I asked for this to happen? Do you think I want to be a slayer? Do you think I want you as a vampire of him as a werewolf? " There was a pause. "I didn't think so. So just shut it and help me out already." I said taking command of the situation. I wasn't going to lose a friend or someone else I cared about.