Time to Dance

The Grown Up

I walked around a little more until I felt a hand cover my mouth and wrap around my stomach. I had been so wrapped up in trying to find Dad that I let myself get distracted and not pay attention to the surrounding danger I could be in. I bit down on my captor's fingers and broke free.

"Ouch!" My captor replied as I turned around in a fighting stance.

"Dad?" I was shocked.

"Uh, hi, honey." Was all he could say.

"Dad!" I said runnning up to hug him. He didn't hug me back but that was ok.

"I knew you would come back. If you didn't then I was going to believe that you had become a coward running away from your family." I said as I let go.

"Well, about that..." Dad replied.

"Wait, you aren't seriously going to leave again are you?"

"I only came to see your mother but you distracted me. It's not easy when your daughter is the slayer and knows what you are." Dad explained.

"Why are you leaving again? Wait, I don't want to hear it. Just go." I said turning my back to him.

"Alex..." He tried to say.

"No, Dad. Just leave. It's easier this way." I said turning back around.

I watched him turn back towards the hospital and then he stopped. "Why is a man looking for you?" I asked as I suddenly remembered a man who claimed to have fought along side mom that helped me out here in the parking lot.

"Alex, there was a man here in your mom's room?" Dad said like a flash he was in front of where I was standing again.

"Yeah. He helped me a few days ago out here in the parking lot. He was in mom's room and I scared him away. Then he found me out here fighting off some vamps. He said he fought along side mom. What does he want?" I asked confused.

"He's looking for me." Was all Dad said.

"Is he a threat or a danger? Is this why you are running? Dad please just talk to me so I can understand." I sighed.

"His name is Micah. He was married to Kat. When I was turned, I figured out what this new head vampire's plan was. He wanted to get rid of the slayers. He wanted you. Kat was a slayer but she went crazy over the years." Dad explained.

"Sort of like mom?" I asked.

"Your mom really wasn't crazy. I just refused to believe that there were more vampires. I guess I understand now why she kept you all so overprotected all the time. She just wanted to keep your brother and sister safe. The more and more I think about it, I think she knew some sort of attack was coming but didn't know what exactly. Yet all the fighting and drifting apart we did..." Dad trailed off.

"It's ok. I know you love mom. She knows it too." I smiled.

"You have talked to your mother?" Dad asked.

"Only in my dreams and not all the time. She is waiting for you, but that isn't the issue right now. Tell me more about Kat."

"Well anyway, Kat and Micah had a girl. Kat was having nightmares like your mother and like you in a way. Unlike your mother, Kat didn't know how to deal with them. It started to drive her insane until one day she left a note and just took off vanishing."

"Wow. How old is their daughter now?" I asked.

"She is fifteen. Kat believed that if she left her daughter whose name is Sara with Micah, then whatever danger that was out there wouldn't come after them. They would come after Kat. Anyway, I got in touch with Micah who had some clues to where Kat may have taken off to. I followed them but I was too late. I couldn't save her and I can't look Micah in the eye and tell him what happened exactly. Now he is looking for me and out for revenge, I imagine." Dad explained.

"I don't think so. He didn't strike me as wanting to seek out revenge. What did happen?" I asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." Was all dad would tell me.

"Dad, stay with me and help me train." I grabbed his left hand.

"I...but you have Nate to do that."

"Please?" I asked.

"Maybe." He said leading the way into the hospital lobby.

"So your mother is anxious to see me, huh?" He grinned.

"Yes. I think she thinks you can save her." I smiled. "I was beginning to think I may have to go hunting for you to bring you back."

"Well, if you are anything like your mother, I am sure you would have found me too." He laughed.

"Dad, I do need your help. I am in trouble. I don't know what to do and I think its my fault." I said starting to cry. I may have all my friends and extended family but a girl needs her father.

"What is it honey? You can tell me." He replied as we stepped onto the elevator.

"How do you save a werewolf?" I asked.

"What!"

"Dad, Dean is a werewolf and they exist." I said.

"I know they exist! What are you doing hanging around one?" He looked disgusted.

"Dad, Dean is Joe's oldest son, remember?"

"Oh, yeah, right. Joe isn't one is he?" Dad asked repulsed.

"Dad!" I snapped.

"Right. Sorry. It's just vampires hate werewolves." Dad replied as we stepped off the elevator and onto mom's floor.

"Dad, you would seriously turn against your own best friend if he was one?" I asked hurt.

"Well, uh..." He trailed.

"How about humans hate vampires yet Joe helped you along with all your friends the first time you were turned." I angrily replied.

"But he isn't right?" Dad kept on.

"No, just his son." I sighed. This was pointless.

"Look, I can try to help you. What do you need me to do for Dean and how is this your fault?" Dad asked placing his hands on my shoulders. For once he was acting like a grown up.

"Well, I guess I should start from the beginning." I sighed afraid.