Time to Dance

The Wild Child

(Lyra's POV)

"Lyra. Shouldn't you be in bed?" Josh asked as he took his hand off Nonnie.

"I came to see how you were doing." I replied a little hurt.

"She isn't staying long. Lyra needs more rest." Mom chimed in as I rolled my eyes.

"I said I wanted to stay mom! I'm fine." I snapped.

"Lyra, you went through a very rough ordeal, maybe you should rest." My dad spoke up as he was sitting next to Patrick in the waiting room.

"Why is everyone ganging up on me? I came for support. I am not tired." I said as my mother took a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear.

"My little girl is growing up." She replied glancing at dad.

"Mom! I'm not little anymore. I do have other siblings remember? Maybe I rebelled some and it got me in trouble but maybe I did because of you guys!" I said walking out of the waiting room and fighting off some tears.

"Hey." Josh said behind me as he touched my shoulder. I didn't bother to turn around. I didn't want him to see me cry.

"Lyra, look at me." Josh said.

"Go away. Doesn't Nonnie need you are something?" I replied regretting I said that.

"Look, I know you came because of Dean and I thank you." Josh said as he walked in front of me.

"I hope those tears will become happy ones." Josh replied as he started to wipe my tears away and got very close to me.

"I failed. I have become a wild child. I guess I take up after my father. I suck at being a daughter. I suck at being a friend..." I rambled stepping back some.

"Lyra, no one is blaming you for anything that happened in the last few days. I certainly don't. You weren't yourself and I get that it was because of Dimitri. What I don't understand is how you could wrap yourself up in him?" Josh asked.

"I don't know. Part of it was the fact that he controlled me and I wasn't strong enough to fight him off. Part of me knew it was wrong, yet another liked the fact that he had that badass demeanor about him. I always become attracted to the wrong guys, what can I say? I never realize what is in front of me until it is too late." I sighed.

"Lyra, I...Nonnie, she..." Josh tried to get out.

"I got it. You like her. I'm happy for you two, really. Thank you for trying to save my life the other night though." I said kissing Josh's left cheek.

"Lyra I wish things could be different. Nonnie has just been there for me when you..." Josh didn't get to finish.

"I know. She has been there for you when I haven't. Does she know about all this?" I asked.

"Does she know what? I'm not following." Josh replied.

"Does Nonnie know that there are vampires and werewolves and Alex is the slayer? Have you told her anything since prom night?" I asked.

"She sort of figured it out after we were all attacked. I filled her in on some details. What does it make us though?" Josh questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Pete was a vampire and Alex's mom was a slayer. What were our parents and since Alex is a slayer and Nate is a good vampire?" Josh asked confused.

"We are slayerettes I guess like our parents. No, what did Erelin call it one day? Oh yeah we are like the scoobies tracking down the bad guys." I smiled.

"I saw that." Josh smiled.

"Saw what?" I played innocent.

"I saw that smile of yours." Josh replied.

"Josh, can we be friends again?" I asked looking down and wishing we were more than that.

"I don't know. You have that wild streak from your father and stubborness from your mother..." Josh laughed.

"Watch it Trohman." I replied punching his shoulder.

"I would love to be friends again." Josh smiled.

"Josh, I'm sorry about Dean." I replied as we slid down the wall and sat on the floor. I placed my head on his shoulder like I used to do when we were kids.

Josh grabbed my hand and said, "My brother is tough. He has always been the stronger one out of the two of us."

"I think you are the stronger one for holding up so well. I just hope Pete and Alex can find this werewolf." I sighed.

"Me too." He said as we both looked up and into each other's eyes.

We both stared for a second then moved our heads closer leaning in for a kiss only to be interuppted by his father, Joe rushing out of the ICU unit.

"Josh, your brother...the doctor's think..." Joe tried to get out.

"What, dad?" Josh quickly got up as everyone rushed out into the hall as they heard Joe.

"Your brother isn't going to make it. He has taken a turn for the worse and we can't wait much longer on Alex. Nate is going to bite Dean and try to get the silver out." Joe huffed from running.

"Go." I said as Josh followed his dad into the ICU and I watched him turn to look at me one last time before the ICU doors closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Halloween everyone. I am working on an update to Dead In The Water next, the last chapter. I hope everyone is having a safe and fun holiday. I also updated earlier a chapter to Learning to Fall so be on the look out for another treat later. :)