Time to Dance

Something Wicked This Way Comes

The car ride was silent. Dad was driving back to the place where I met Dean tonight. He thought maybe he could track Jake from there.

"Your quiet, honey. Don't worry. We will find this werewolf if I have to kill him myself." Dad said as I gave a half smile.

"I can't help feeling that this is my fault." I replied as I stared out the window.

"Honey, you had no idea. You know your mother used to worry about things and blame herself for things that she had no control over." Dad replied.

I glanced at dad, then stared back out the window. "Alex..." I faintly heard in my thoughts.

"Dean?" I said back.

"Alex, you are heading to the wrong spot." I heard a faint Dean say.

"Dean, save your strength. We are going to find Jake." I replied.

"No...The woods. Look...Lookout Pointe." Dean said before fading from my thoughts.

"Dean? Dean!" I yelled. "Dad stop the car!" I screamed.

"Alexandra, what is it!" He jumped.

"I know where Jake is hiding out. It's Lookout Pointe." I replied.

"Lookout Pointe? Dude, why does every freaking vampire or werewolf have to set camp there?" Dad replied doing a u-turn on the highway.

"Dad, there is no time to argue. Dean is slipping farther away. I can feel it." I said anxious to get to the woods.

"You know, many battles have taken place here." Dad said acting all informed.

"I know dad. How many times have you and mom told us kids all the stories?" I rolled my eyes.

"Good, then you know to be careful as always." Dad replied.

We made it to Lookout Pointe. Dad stepped out of the car and walked over to the cliff. Dad, we don't have much time." I said as I popped open the trunk of the car to get out a flashlight and silver weapons.

"Sorry, its just..." He said looking sad.

"Too many memories, I know." I said as I somehow was sensing his pain he was feeling as he remembered things. That was weird.

I started to take a step into the woods when a flash came over me. I started to replay a dream I had nights ago in my head. I was in these same exact woods running from something only to find it was from both a werewolf and vampire. I guess Dad wasn't kidding when he said why does every vampire or werewolf have to set up shop here.

"Alex?" Dad said snapping his fingers.

"Yeah, I'm here." I replied snapping out of my thoughts.

"Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Dad?" I asked before we charged into the woods.

"Yeah?" He replied confused.

"I'm different aren't I?" I asked not knowing why I said it.

"Honey, you are a slayer. That makes you different." Dad said.

"No, I mean I am not the typical normal slayer am I? I don't even know why I am asking this but being here, I feel different. I feel like I belong here all of a sudden." I said shocking not only my dad but myself. Where was this all coming from?

"I think Dean needs your help." Dad said changing his voice.

"Yeah, what was I thinking?" I said suddenly getting a headache.

I turned on my flashlight and had my dagger in the other hand with my loaded crossbow of silver arrows wrapped around me. I nodded to my dad who had a sword in one hand and stakes in his pocket. Then we charged into the woods.