Time to Dance

Out Numbered And Put To The Test

As we ran into the woods watching where we stepped from fallen trees and branches, I started to hear wolves howling.

"They know we are here." Dad said.

I stopped running and turned my flashlight off. Dad came by me and put his back up to mine. I tried to stop breathing so hard from running.

"I can feel them. There are ten wolves and one of them has to be Jake." I whispered.

"I know. I can smell them." Dad said disgusted.

After we looked around in the dark, I started to take a few steps forward. I managed to trip in the dark over something large, hurting my right ankle as I fell. I tried to get up but winced in pain.

"Dad, I think I sprained my ankle!" I replied as I held my leg with one hand and was about to turn on my flashlight.

"Alex, dont!" My dad yelled but it was too late. I turned on the flashlight to see two dead bodies that appeared to have been mauled to death. They were just regular campers who came to camp out in the woods.

I screamed. Jake knew we were here anyways. Now, I think they were just keeping their distance watching us.

"Ugh, dad!" I said as he scooped me up in his arms and leaned me up against a tree.

"It's ok, honey." He said as I clung on to him. Vampire kill people all the time. You would think I could get used to seeing a dead body. Granted its never easy but this is more gruesome then a vampire bite. This is horrible. Blood was everywhere and parts...

"Don't look at it." Dad said as I tried to look at him. "How's your ankle?" He asked as he went to examine it.

"It hurts but it will heal. I just need a minute." I said trying to not look back at the bodies.

"They did this. I read about this but never expected to actually see this." I said.

"Now you understand why werewolves aren't human anymore?" Dad said.

I nodded and asked, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, lucky for vampires we like fresh blood. The smell of dead bodies is not very appeasing, not that I would ever feed off humans." He said feeling uncomfortable.

"I understand what you meant." I said. "Ok, I think we can continue. I can walk on it now." I said as we started walking further into the woods.

"I wonder if the remains of a lonely mansion that was hidden in this forest still remain." Dad's mind wandered.

I felt the wolves move in closer and closer to us. "Jake, you monster, show yourself!" I yelled.

"My, my, the princess has brought her vampire father to protect her." Jake snickered.

"My battle is with you and you alone." I said as I looked at my dad. We were way outnumbered and I know how much werewolves and vampires dont get along. I couldn't lose my dad no matter how strong enough he thought he was.

"What if I don't want to battle? Maybe I want a marriage with you. Then this silly war with the vampires and werewolves would be over. No one has to die you, know. Only the vampires. Then the human race can go on unafraid of things that go bump in the night. If you join me, Dean can be saved and I might let your father live, might being the key word. You know you two are outnumbered even if you are the slayer." Jake laughed as he stepped out as human with his pack as wolves.

"I would never marry you. You are nothing but a savage monster. You kill innocent humans for sport. How does that make you different from a vampire?" I yelled at Jake.

"No, but you would marry a bloodsucker? I think Dean called him Nate who is at the hospital right now debating on whether or not to save his life right now. That bloodsucker would rather see a werewolf die." Jake wickedly replied stepping closer to me but stopping.

"You are wrong. Nate and Dean are bestfriends. Nate will save Dean's life. He's not a monster like you and you put Dean in the hospital after all!" I screamed.

"Alex watch it." Dad replied as he studied the wolves. He was in full vamp mode I noticed ready to spring into action.

"Dean betrayed me. He deserves what he got. Its no loss to me if I lose him. I can always create others for my cause." Jake laughed.

"Your cause is wrong and I am going to stop you!" I said lunging at Jake who backed away and his pack took over.

"Watch for their teeth!" Dad yelled as he started taking down some wolves with his sword and staking others when they knocked him down.

"Dad!" I yelled when he couldn't get back up but I was stopped by a wolf who lunged on top of me.

The wolf was growling and snarling trying to bite my neck with his sharp teeth. If that wasn't hard enough trying to keep his face away from my neck I was dealing with keeping his sharp claws away. This was going to be harder then I thought.