Time to Dance

Fear

It all happened so fast. As I was trying to stop a wolf from shredding me to pieces, I felt myself start to slip away and something else take over. I couldn't control it. I felt rage and one thing came to mind; Jake.

I took my dagger and staked the wolf on top of me and then very quickly moved around killing any wolf in my path until I got to Jake. I felt trapped in my own body. I wanted revenge against Jake for what happened to Dean. I wanted to smell blood. I wanted to see the fear in his eyes. These were all things that were not me. I couldn't stop it. There was something about these woods that were making me feel different.

"So you passed my test slayer. I guess you are ready to take me on." Jake said turning into the full blown werewolf that he is.

Jake lunged at me knocking me down onto the ground. I felt my eyes start to change. Jake jumped off me and howled.

"You..you aren't the same. Something is different. Something is off about you." He said sniffing the air. "It's your eyes! They are darker looking." Jake snarled.

"Let's just say you messed with my family and I don't like it when someone messes with them." I said chasing after Jake. I surprised him by out running him and cornering him against a tree. I could hear my father yelling after me.

"You think you have me?" He laughed but showed slight fear in his eyes.

"I do." I wickedly smiled as I took my dagger and plunged it deep into Jake's body as he morphed back into human form. I stabbed him several times in his stomach and shoulders, leaving the dagger in him so that he can know what it feels like to suffer and die slowly from silver poisoning.

"You might be more dangerous then us all. You might become the murderer." Jake replied as he wheezed and coughed up blood.

I felt vampires start to invade my space. Jake was dying and I could feel Dean start to slip away. Jake was dying fast enough. I was about to stake him again until dad came to stop me. He grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

"No!" He said.

"Alexandra." I could hear him say but I couldn't answer him.

My body wanted to crawl into Dimitri's arms. Why and why now? What was I becoming? All I knew was that being with Dimitri felt right at this moment. It was like I would feel at home with him.

"Alexandra we have to go!" Dad said trying to snap me back to myself.

"Help me dad." I wanted to scream but couldn't. I didn't want to go with Dimitri and I knew I wasn't ready to fight him yet.

"Alexandra, listen to me." Dad said in that persuasion voice. I dropped my stake I held in my hand.

"Dad, Dean is slipping. Jake..." I trailed off.

"I know, honey. It's up to Nate now. You tried." Dad said holding me for a second.

"Aww that's so sweet." Jake said mocking us.

"What about Jake?" I asked.

"We have to leave him. Don't worry, Dimitri will have his fun with him." Dad said taking my arm and leading me out of the woods.

"I wanted to kill Jake in every way possible, dad. I was going to do it too. That isn't me. It was hard enough to even want to try and kill him in the first place but something took over me. I had no control over it. I wanted to run to Dimitri, dad when I felt him in the woods. I felt so trapped in my own body." I said trying to process everything.

"If you hadn't shown up and gotten me out of there... Dad, Jake said I might become a murderer. I don't understand. What is happening to me? Why am I a freak?" I said starting to cry as we got into the car and took off.

"You aren't a freak. Honey, I think I have some explaining to do." Dad said after we left Lookout Pointe and he pulled over in a safe place.