Time to Dance

Enemies Not By Choice

(Nate's POV)

Dean's vital signs weren't doing so hot. I could tell from the monitors he was hooked up to and his breathing was starting to change into a different pattern. His skin was becoming paler and I knew he was starting to leave us. The doctors even had come in and told Bev and Joe that their son was not going to make it.

I am not saying that Alexandra had failed but something had gone horribly wrong. I could feel it. It was as if I was losing Alexandra herself but in a way I couldn't explain. Something was taking control and I couldn't help her. She was slipping from me.

I looked at Dean who looked so pale and fragile right now. We have gone from best friends to mortal enemies. I closed my eyes and tried to remember all the good times we have had growing up. Then my mind drifted to the present and the thought of us fighting over Alexandra. But again, Dean didn't choose to be a werewolf as I didn't choose to become a vampire. We didn't choose a side to fight on; someone else did that for us. Alex's words echoed in my head and the look on her face that pleaded for me to save Dean haunted me.

I started to hear Dean's heartbeat fall weaker and I knew I had to act now. "Joe...its time." I said getting up out of my chair.

"What...no!" Bev said rushing over to her son's side.

"Everything is going to be ok." Joe said holding her for a brief minute before darting out of the room. I think he was heading out to get Josh so he could see his brother one last time in case I can't drain the silver out of his bloodstream.

"Alex has failed?" Bev asked trying not to cry.

"Pete and Alex haven't failed totally. They did try but something has prevented them from killing Jake. I can't seem to reach Alex." I said as I grabbed Dean's right arm. I was going to have to bite his wrist.

"I need you to watch me. I am going to try to drain the silver out but you have to watch me and make sure you stop me if I seem to get..." I didn't get to finish as she nodded.

"Alex? Alex if you can hear me, I am biting Dean now." I said in my thoughts unsure if they would reach her as I closed my eyes.

"Wait, so he is biting Dean now?" Josh said with concern for his brother.

"Yes, son." Joe replied.

"But won't that kill him?" Josh asked.

"Not if you don't let me take too much." I replied placing Dean's wrist to my mouth.

I released my fangs and took a bite of his wrist. His blood smelt and tasted horrible because he was a werewolf. I had to just grin and bare it.

As I began to suck his blood, I could also taste the silver which caused a metallic taste in my mouth. It wouldn't kill me but it tasted unpleasant. All everyone could do now was pray and hope for the best that I get it all out of his system.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys for lack of updates. I have been dealing with my grandmother in and out of the hospital, working overtime at my job, not sleeping well, stress, and my uncle who has came in from Virginia. I hope to update more but right now it may be a few more days.