Time to Dance

A Tight Squeeze

I took the elevator up to the floor that Dean was on. I felt numb. I was still trying to process what was happening to me and grasp all these thoughts in my head that was making me think that Nate and I were not meant to be. What if our relationship has been doomed from the start? Was I doomed to be with Dimitri who once he gets his hands on me, I will cause chaos and destruction around me? I mean thats what Dracula wanted my mother for was for her slayer power. I would become unstoppable if I was turned.

The word family echoed in my head and made me shiver as I approached the waiting room. I peered in to find only Josh asleep in one of the chairs. I didn't want to wake him but he awoke as soon as I entered the room.

"Alex?" Josh sleepily replied.

"Yeah." I said.

"I'm sure you know how Dean is." Josh said not caring to know what happened to make Nate bite his brother. I just nodded my head.

"You want to see him?" Josh asked.

"I..I don't know." I replied suddenly unsure if his parents would want to see me right now.

"C'mon you will be ok." He said dragging me by the arm and leading the way into the ICU.

"Mom, dad, Alex wants to see Dean." Josh said as we stepped into the room. Bev was asleep in a chair and Joe was awake watching the tv in the room.

"Alex, I am so glad you came back safe and sound. Pete filled us in on what happened. I am glad that Nate was here." Joe said hugging me.

"But I failed." I said.

"Honey, you did the best that you could do. We wouldn't have held you responsible if something worse happened to Dean. It's not your fault. I think I am going to wake Bev and take her home for a few hours. There hasn't been a change since Nate bit him." Joe explained patting me on the shoulder.

"Dad, I think I am going to stay until you get back then I will take my turn cleaning up." Josh said as Joe woke up Bev and coaxed her to finally head home to get some rest.

"Ok son, just call us if anything changes." Joe said as Bev kissed her son on the forehead and told him goodbye.

"At least he is breathing on his own. He is hooked up to every monitor and machine but that one. I will leave you two alone." Josh said heading out the door.

"But I..." I said but he was already gone.

I plopped down in the chair beside Dean's bed. Seeing him in here brought me to tears. Everyone says not to blame myself but what else is there to do.

I picked up Dean's right hand careful not to disturb his IV. "I'm so sorry Dean." I sobbed.

"I really can't lose you out of my life right now. First my mother and now you laying here in a hospital bed. Everything is my fault. I wish I wasn't born then maybe none of this would be happening." I whispered.

"To make matters worse I have my dad back which is good but he thinks he is causing me to be a freak I call it, that wants to run into Dimitri's arms. Yeah while I was out trying to save you something came over me. I wasn't myself. I couldn't control it but I wanted to kill Jake with a passion and I would have but Dimitri came and I wanted to run to him Dean. I wanted to be with him. It was like I belonged with him and that he was my family. I am just lucky that dad stopped me and brought me back to myself but I felt trapped; I didn't even recognize myself.

I feel like Nate and I aren't meant to be. Everytime we try to be happy something happens to ruin it. Why am I even telling you this. See I am such a freak already." I said wiping away my tears with my free hand.

Just then I felt a tight squeeze. Dean squeezed my hand. I shot up out of my chair.

"You...are not...a freak." Dean replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I just want to let everyone know that the movieTwilight is awesome and you should definately go see it. I have seen it twice now and I am seeing it again tomorrow night. If you haven't read the book series then I recommend you check those out as well.