Time to Dance

Best Friends Til The End

"You spoke! Dean you are awake! I have to get a nurse!" I yelled but he held my hand tighter preventing me from leaving.

"No." Dean said. "No doctors yet. I...want to talk to you." Dean replied, still a little groggily from the pain meds they were giving him.

"Me?" I asked. "But..." I trailed.

"Well are you going to help me sit up or not?" He huffed wincing in pain. I moved closer to his side and helped raise him up some in the bed.

"There. That's better. Now I can see you a little clearly. Alex sit. You make me nervous standing there." Dean pointed towards my chair.

I immediately sat back down in the chair and Dean started to speak again. "Alex you are not a freak. Whatever gave you that idea?" Dean laughed. "If you are a freak then we all are ones in our own special ways. I mean come on, I am a werewolf for crying out loud and Nate is a vampire. Tell me that isn't freak enough especially since we both love and care for you." His eyes darting away from me when he said that.

"Dean I love you but..." I said.

"But you are in love with Nate. I get that now. Being in a coma does things to your mind. One minute you are having these strange dreams and the next you suddenly can hear everyone but you can't move a muscle and yet you try so hard and fight..." Dean trailed off.

"Look, I love you too. I know I didn't treat you as well as I should have and I apologize. That was my mistake along with Jake's for turning me into a crazy wolf. It just took me awhile to finally wake up and see the light, no pun intended." He laughed as I shook my head.

"You and I have a bond though. We will always be friends. I accept that and I want that. I want you to be happy. I see you and Nate are happy in love. What makes you think that you two are doomed? If you really love each other, true love always prevails. Just remember that the next time you think you are going to run off to Dimitri. I may not understand that but just know that I am here and I will not let you do anything like that even if it is on my last breath." Dean said.

"Don't say that!" I snapped at him.

"Well its true. You can't have two heroes. I will do everything to keep you safe though, I promise. Yuck!" He said raising up his arms.

"What?" I asked worried.

"Dude! Why is my wrist bandaged up?" He said trying to remember if he got it from the fight with Jake.

"Eww! I smell like vampire! I'm going to kill him!" Dean said taking off his bandage to see two bite marks quickly healing up.

"Nate did it to save your life. You were dying from the silver and he had to draw it out of your bloodstream. I failed out in the woods and...." I was hushed.

"Calm down Alex. It took alot of guts for Nate to do that. I don't think I could have. I might have let the bloodsucker die if it was me." Dean grumbled.

"Dean!" I snapped again.

"Alex just listen, ok?" He replied as I nodded.

"I want to thank him for saving my life. I guess we don't have to me mortal enemies after all." Dean said.

"See?" I smiled.

"Stop grinning at me." He said shaking his head. "What I am trying to get at is I smell like a rotten vampire! Do you know how many showers I am going to need?" Dean looked disgusted but I just laughed.

"It's good to have you back Dean." I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry everyone for lack of updates. my job has been chaotic since after thanksgiving. and alot of other crap has been going on in my life as well. I hope everyone is having a nice Christmas season so far.